Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meziere Electric "Street" Water Pump-Daily Driveable?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 07:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had several college level physics classes, trig, calculus one and two, and I'm taking a class now called advanced measurements analysis.

Even if we had the exact physics formula here to look at it wouldn't matter. The one we'd be concerned with would look something like: net hp = xxx... obviously running more electric components draws more electricity and causes the alt to work harder. That's a no-brainer. But its been proven that running an EWP increases hp.

Back to the physics formula, if both net hp equations have different numbers (where the one showing the gains from the ewp are higher) then its clear that the setup using the electric water pump is more efficient.

Its well documented that they make more power and its also well documented that they increase mpg. With these two facts I'm not sure why there needs to be a physics discussion.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShevrolayZ28
According to the laws of physics, in particular, conservation of energy, you will not create extra power by using an electric water pump.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy

I have a red one. It looks good, and it's a nice advantage to be able to cool my car quickly between laps at the drags by running the pump and the fans while the engine is off. Just don't expect to gain much, if anything, by virtue of reducing drag on the accessory belt....that belt requires more energy to turn because of the power drawn by the EWP.
I like the idea of running the pump and fans to cool the engine in the stagging lanes. More passes at the track
Old 02-06-2011, 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Does the Meziere pump come with a wiring relay? The CSI didn't, but painless made a very nice EWP relay kit that made installation... well... painless

I think I misunderstood the physics argument earlier, lol, and I doubt my post was helpful at all.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think mine came with a relay - I originally wired it to a 30-amp relay, but ended up melting that relay after about a year for unknown reasons (probably due to heat since I had it stuffed inside a box with no air circulation). That was a fun night. I've since replaced it with a 60-amp relay. IIRC, wiring it was not painless since I had a hard time splicing in to the fuel pump trigger due to location.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just bought one from summit for my gto, came with no relays. was like right at 600. I have had one on another car and noticed a difference from it. I suppose i will actually get some before and after results on the gto with it. If it does not give me tons of power, at least it looks much nicer and i can run the pump when the car is shut off to cool the motor down, fugg it...

dude above me, your sig is priceless. lol

Last edited by RX666; 02-09-2011 at 02:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Meziere Electric "Street" Water Pump-Daily Driveable?