Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LPP Headers Quality?? Who has them?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by QuickSilver
Well its been a few days and no reply from email.
Looks like im going a differetn route.
It's been nearly a week since I emailed them and No reply, so Im going to guess they're ignoring me or they're simply not there to respond. There completely out of stock on their webpage for both lt1 and ls1 headers. maybe their on vacation? nice company.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Youshallgofo
It's been nearly a week since I emailed them and No reply, so Im going to guess they're ignoring me or they're simply not there to respond. There completely out of stock on their webpage for both lt1 and ls1 headers. maybe their on vacation? nice company.
I really think they are on a permanant Vacation.......
Old 05-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Teching In

Quick way to build a bad name. I can't stand wanting to spend money that I worked so hard for with someone that wants to take it and not provide any service or quality.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by twitchtwice
id rather not spend 900 on headers when a 500 pair of headers do THE EXACT SAME THING. i think its funny that you spent the extra 400 on a pair of headers so that you could say "yeah they are arh"

seriously op, if you have more money then brains, get the ARH, if not, i highly recommend lpp
Not even close. I run 1 7/8 ARH's and they clear perfect.Today we took a big sledge to a set of LPP's in a few places to try to help them clear.Quality and fitment are not even in the same ball park.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mrsracing
Quick way to build a bad name. I can't stand wanting to spend money that I worked so hard for with someone that wants to take it and not provide any service or quality.

I'm not so much upset that they dont fit on my car as I am the company not responding to my emails.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yikes this seems like a shady *** company. I don't understand how they can just not reply like that to people, or how they can charge people fees for their product not fitting. How is that the buyers fault, why should they pay more? So glad I went with pacesetters. Good luck to you guys with the fitment problems. Seems like you truly do get what you pay for.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by udienow
Yikes this seems like a shady *** company. I don't understand how they can just not reply like that to people, or how they can charge people fees for their product not fitting. How is that the buyers fault, why should they pay more? So glad I went with pacesetters. Good luck to you guys with the fitment problems. Seems like you truly do get what you pay for.
they're probably some bullshit company that scored big on some headers that some unknown company never got to sell, they just welded their cheap *** MS paint Logo on the headers and called it theirs.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by udienow
Seems like you truly do get what you pay for.
Says the guy with Pacesetters.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was replacing my Pacesetters with the LPPs and the Pacesetters fit better. I had them for 5 years and they worked great. Obviously, my ARHs are much better, but I'd put the LPPs at the bottom of the pile.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PAGregSS
I was replacing my Pacesetters with the LPPs and the Pacesetters fit better. I had them for 5 years and they worked great. Obviously, my ARHs are much better, but I'd put the LPPs at the bottom of the pile.
My point exactly. Cheaper headers were better for you, so getting what you pay for doesn't apply.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive never heard anything bad about LPP until I opened this thread. Quite a turnaround for them.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Quality is hit or miss with them. I installed their previous version called "XS" headers. Even though they slid right in, I went through hell fixing rubbing, banging, misalignment, etc. Other guys had no problem at all.

I have to say customer support was great, though. One of mine had a manufacturing defect and they replaced the set no questions asked.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RevGTO
Quality is hit or miss with them. I installed their previous version called "XS" headers. Even though they slid right in, I went through hell fixing rubbing, banging, misalignment, etc. Other guys had no problem at all.

I have to say customer support was great, though. One of mine had a manufacturing defect and they replaced the set no questions asked.
Well Mine apparently has a defect too but LPP isn't responding to my email. I wasn't even a douche about it either, I just told them the problem and asked if we could work things out. but no, they havn't sent me ****. I'm pretty sure I'm being ignored or the company is finished. Either way, I'd recommend not buying anything from these people until it's proven that at least One person works there. Right now, if you have a problem with them, there is absolutly no way to get in contact with them, and ******* up headers is an incredibly costly issue. I say they owe me for the labor to take these old ones off.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Teching In

i bought some lpp headers around thanksgiving in 08, i haven't installed them yet, but when i got them they didn't have a lpp plaque on em but were lazered SSAUTOCHROME! What a effin rip. LPP SUCKS!!! Anyone wanna trade ?
Old 05-20-2009, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mine also came with the SS Autochrome razor blades of death welded onto the tubes. I took a grinder and cut down the tack welds to pull them off and then repolished them.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got mine back before they had the high velocity merge and they were ss autochrome. The problem with mine is that they suck with my big cam due to the o2 sensor location. They either aren't located close enough toward the front of the collector or they are barely sticking into the collector because I get horrible readings in the low rpm range and it has made tuning down there to remove the bucking a really bad problem. I'm looking at either shaving down the bung to get the o2 sensor in further or going with a better brand.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Teching In

So I just installed my set yesterday, they slid right in, no issues...I'd just feel more comfortable if they didn't say ssautochrome.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SsSteven
i bought some lpp headers....What a effin rip. LPP SUCKS!!! Anyone wanna trade ?
hell no,
sorry to hear about your "great deal"
Old 06-03-2009, 07:21 PM
TECH Regular

I installed a set of LPP headers and Y a few months ago and they're great. It only took me about a full day to do (and i've never installed headers before). The car sounds much better now, and idles with a deep growl. On a side note, I have an extra set of them that I'm selling that are brand new, still in the box. So if you guys aren't able to get in touch with the manufacturer for whatever reason now, take a look at my thread and save $150 off their current price.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts...rs-y-sale.html
Old 06-04-2009, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

I installed a set of them a couple months ago. I have no complaints. They fit beautifully.