Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SSRA or FTRA KIT owners ......

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 12:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaddySS
Nope, you're wrong. The SS scoop feeds directly into the front of the air box and I believe the WS6 is the same.
really ?? ok....so whats the difference in hp with the SS hood that is "supposed " to functional and a regular Z28 hood with an SSRA or FTRA Kit ?

I'm not not trying to be an azz , i'm just curious.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:04 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Striker
There you are, this should stop most of the guess work seeing as the guy really went out of his way and did very detailed testing. Bottom line is to let the engine intake air from two places as opposed to just one, and based on this data on hist first post, you might want to as well.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ctiveness.html

Thanks for posting that artical, Striker. I've read that one several times before and really enjoyed it . But you know how it is , I just have to get more opionions from other people. Thanks again. So it seems to me wheter a perosn want o run a block off plate or not. If i'm faster without it , than I am with it ,than no plate for me and let the engine breathe from 2 places .
Old 07-21-2009, 11:11 AM
FormerVendor

In all of our testing, we have found that the ram air hood equipped cars are always faster with the front seal in place on the FTRA.

Air takes the path of least resistance.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:20 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Fast Toys Performance Parts
In all of our testing, we have found that the ram air hood equipped cars are always faster with the front seal in place on the FTRA.

Air takes the path of least resistance.

ok. one would think a SS would better getting air from both place , but i guess not. the ram-air needs to be pressurized to provide more hp ,correct ?

has anyone just cut the slots out under the SS ram-air hood ? the slots are located just above the hood latch.

Last edited by Mac 2002 SS; 07-23-2009 at 09:13 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:20 AM
FormerVendor

[QUOTE=Mac 2002 SS;11951669]ok. one would think a SS would better getting air from both place , but i guess not. the ram-air needs to be pressurized to provide more hp ,correct ?

[QUOTE]

Yes, you need to achieve a mild pressurization for the best performance.

Quick Reply: SSRA or FTRA KIT owners ......