Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring my new dmh cutout help please!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring my new dmh cutout help please!

Okay so the cutout is installed and i plan on drilling the hole through the rubber grommet but im not sure what I do from there..

Do I have to rip up the carpet or what? If I rip up the carpet is it easy to place back in?

Where do you guys start lifting the carpet from? anything i need to know before I rip it up if I do?

My goal is to get this wire into my ashtray without seeing the wire in visible view.

Also when I get the wire to the ashtray what do I use for a powersource? My WS6 does not have the TCS option on it so I dont believe I have that wiring harness there, so where else?

PLEASE HELP ME ! pics would be awesome too if possible or a link to pics.

*****EDIT: I found this link https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...t-install.html , so I found out most of it accept i need to find out how to get it under the center console anyone know?
Old 07-14-2009, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

carpet is aloot easier job than it looks. youll have to take up whichever seat you are coming in under, the kickplastic on the side of the floor (the skinny plastic piece that runs along the bottom of the door) and then the carpet itself can be peeled up.

once i came up through the grommet i routed the wire towards the center console and up under the edge, you can see a little bump in the carpet behind the seat where it comes up, but thats it.

and i wired mine to the cigarette lighter
Old 07-14-2009, 09:32 PM
11 Second Club

We just removed the right rear seat (one bolt). Then removed the center console. You can feed the wire thru to the console with out lifting the carpet at all.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:03 AM
10 Second Club

I have done several of them.

Depending on which DMH you purchased. I run threw the grommet on the right rear of the car. Threw the spare tire well, you lightly push the grey wire under, sail panel on the passenger side. After you get this far you will have to remove the kick panel on the passenger side along the seat. Push the grey cable down into the carpet and up to the bottom of the glove box. After the wire is there, you will see a black hush panel. Two push pins out of the front, then the panel will fall down. Insert the cable on top of the panel over, to the right edge of the console. After you reach there, you will have to remove the two 7mm bolts in the center console so that the upper console panel can be removed. Snake the cable to the ash trey or where ever you like to put it. Then you can tap into the back of the cig lighter for your power, and then a ground. You can use any bolt that goes directly to the body. After that plug the connetor to the switch and have fun. That is how I do most of the installs. I hope that helps you out.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:13 AM
TECH Resident

^ that is how I ran my QTP and will run my DMH one as well.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:30 PM
TECH Resident

hey just use the drain grommet near the cut out and under the rug and consoleand stealth it in the ash tray, and the 12v is there also , i put heat deflector tape over the grommet after the cut out bit i have since taken out the gromet
Old 07-19-2009, 12:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

For power I used the 12V and ground off the front cig lighter. I still can use the side one for cell phone charging or whatever. I also like it cuz it's constant power. Useful for closing the cutout before I start it early in the morning.

Quick Reply: Wiring my new dmh cutout help please!