Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3inch I pipe part number ?

Old 08-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3inch I pipe part number ?

I found out on here that the factory I-pipe on the 02 Camaro is 2.75 inches and I have searched all over but cannot find a part number or a listing for a 3 inch replacement. Please send me a website and or part number so I can find one. I looked on Jegs and summit and did not find it.
I have ceramic coated Hooker LTs and TSP catted y-pipe and just got a Hooker AeroChamber muffler and want to get the mandrel bent 3 inch I-pipe to finnnnnish it off if I can find one. Got factory CME also on it already.

Thanks
Old 08-12-2009, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am sure you can get a stainless i-pipe from other companies if you want but here is an aluminized 3 inch i-pipe from Dynomax: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WLK-54064/
Old 08-13-2009, 06:15 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the help!
Old 08-13-2009, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

This may take a little fab work but the SLP Camaro SS I-Pipe is stainless and is 3" except for the very front which starts at 2.75".

Can't beat the price since they are closing them out at $22.00. Might not work for your application but thought I would throw it out there.

http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...S&BIG=10168S-1
Old 08-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Launching!

I called SLP about their I pipe and it is a good deal but they do not have any kick-up pipes that go between the I-pipe and the muffler and the Walker/Dynomax kick-up pipe will not fit properly between the SLP I pipe and the muffler. I guess the Walker/Dynomax pipes are the way to go but that is alot of money for the pipes before you install them.

My question is ==== Is the Horsepower and performance increase worth the expense of installing the 3 inch pipe from the 3 inch y-pipe to the muffler. Anybody have any numbers to prove this??

Thanks for the comments and help.

Search this Thread