Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

85mm tb and ls6 install.... not what i was expecting...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 09:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

You cant be at 100% with boltons, unless the 99' 26lbs are really that shitty. I'm not even at 100% with H/C/I on the stock 28lbs.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bongva
Oh ok I see, excellent, I will try to get a tune asap then! thanks for the help!!!!

also another question, when we did my log, my buddy said that i was at 100% duty cycle.... is that correct? i mean on just bolt-ons can i really max out my stock injectors?

Wish I had HPTuners so that I could see that log. I have EFI Live. Really, rule of thumb is not to go above 80%. I'd say that if you're making 349 RWHP w/ bolt ons, then it is possible to be maxing out the stock injectors because of the airflow required to reach that number @ the wheels. An SD tune is a little more efficient (better air movement) because of less intake restriction (higher MAP during WOT) which is another reason why you may be maxing out the stockers. It may also be that he has you tuned a little rich due to adding a safety factor to the SD tune.

I'd start w/ a new tune on the stock injectors & see if you can get her to 12.8 - 13.0:1 max A/F ratio @ WOT. If it gets any leaner, then new injectors are in order. Keep an eye on the fuel pressure as well.

Anyway, you're on the right track now & will be realizing the added power once the tune is cleaned up.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
You cant be at 100% with boltons, unless the 99' 26lbs are really that shitty. I'm not even at 100% with H/C/I on the stock 28lbs.
I'd have someone besides the original tuner look @ that tune. Generally, H/C/I needs 36#ers or 30# Accels @ 58+ PSI (same as 36#). There's probably more power left in that set up that isn't being used.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1-450
Wish I had HPTuners so that I could see that log. I have EFI Live. Really, rule of thumb is not to go above 80%. I'd say that if you're making 349 RWHP w/ bolt ons, then it is possible to be maxing out the stock injectors because of the airflow required to reach that number @ the wheels. An SD tune is a little more efficient (better air movement) because of less intake restriction (higher MAP during WOT) which is another reason why you may be maxing out the stockers. It may also be that he has you tuned a little rich due to adding a safety factor to the SD tune.

I'd start w/ a new tune on the stock injectors & see if you can get her to 12.8 - 13.0:1 max A/F ratio @ WOT. If it gets any leaner, then new injectors are in order. Keep an eye on the fuel pressure as well.

Anyway, you're on the right track now & will be realizing the added power once the tune is cleaned up.

yes you are correct on everything, and i was getting 3 counts of knock up top, that is why my car wasn't running as good. Me and my buddy selftuned my car, just rented a local dyno and went to work!

gonna have to get on there again sometime this week.