Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with Magnaflow

I bought a cat back system from Maryland Speed about 2 years ago. Just recently I noticed an obnoxious rattle coming from the rear. When inspected, I saw that the hangar on the right pipe broke off and now its just hanging there. Anyone have any experience with Magnaflow warranty?
Old 08-30-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

take it to a shop and spend 10 bucks to have them reweld it.

if you wanrrantee it, if there even is one for this typr of thing, they will most likely want you to send it to them for whatever rerason. its worth the money NOT to have that hassle.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:48 AM
Teching In

Hmm, there is a hole where the hangar used to be welded. I wonder if that effect the cost of repair.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

no, same happend to mine, well on my truck but same exact problem.

tooki it in and i guess i dont remember the EXACT price, but it was fair.

do you still have the hangar? if not then it might be a bit more, but if you still have that hanger then all they are gna do is set it up there and weld around the old weld that broke.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

most small shops wont even charge for that. i had an exhaust leak when i got my headers installed. the guy i went to welded around the whole pipe for no charge
Old 08-30-2009, 10:32 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hitmanws6
most small shops wont even charge for that. i had an exhaust leak when i got my headers installed. the guy i went to welded around the whole pipe for no charge
Same thing happened to me. One of my hangers was broken off so I took it in and they fixed it free of charge. See if someone can take care of it for you. Definitely not worth the hassle of going through warranty for a simple fix like this.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

is the rattle when you let off the gas? because i seem to have a rattle sound with my magnaflow when i let of the gas it happens, maybe ill take a look under there tomorow.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Banned

Magnaflow does have a lifetime warranty. The flip side is, it is pretty involved. Basically, Magnaflow does not just send replacement parts. We have to buy a whole new exhaust and send it to you. You then are supposed to take what you need and return the rest. We also will have to authorize a credit card if you do this. Basically, we don't get paid back for the new exhaust untill you return the defective one. I used to not do that..but I had a couple people not return the defective exhausts which put me out a good bit of money. If you want to do that, I will be glad to help..however in terms of hassle, the exhaust shop route posed here would be much less for you.