Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LM2 even more restrictive than what I had before?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 03:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I guess everybody that told me it wasn't costing me any horsepower has nothing to say now after seeing those pictures? Or maybe they themselves had LM2 mufflers and didn't want to believe it.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:12 AM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by camz28arro
So I guess everybody that told me it wasn't costing me any horsepower has nothing to say now after seeing those pictures? Or maybe they themselves had LM2 mufflers and didn't want to believe it.
Good job man and great attention to detail. Everyone knows slp anything sucks major *** but those pics to the restrictive id of the lm2 made me want to
Old 02-25-2010, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Solution:

Weld in a cutout in the I-pipe. You can get stainless steel ones for $45. It beats playing the catback switching game.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Launching!

I enjoyed my lm2 on my trans am. I could tell a total difference with the exhaust. If I remember right the "muffler" was hollow.

Maybe you should do some more/better research before buying resonators and mufflers and welding everthing together. How about a using a cut out or just using a complete catback with documented gains.

SLP doesn't suck either. The slp lid was reviewed between 4 or 5 other lids and showed the most horsepower gain. I guess that would mean all the SS SLP camaros suck as well.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

"Maybe you should do some more/better research before buying resonators and mufflers and welding everthing together. How about a using a cut out or just using a complete catback with documented gains."

I hope this wasn't a reply to me? I do PLENTY of research before buying parts, try to find somewhere on the internet besides this thread about that shitty ID of the LM2 resonator. Also the resonator is a bolt in, not weld in.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by camz28arro
Well I'll tell you this, the LM2 necks-down bigtime! Looks like an even smaller flowpath than 2-3/8" to me. Your sCFM flow just went from about 2200 to under 800 I'd estimate.

Also, my Powerstick Mufflers are not like Bullets at all. Bullets are glasspacks & don't do any sound tuning at all. The Powerstick is a true chambered muffler without any packing. The crimps in the outer shell "tune" the exhaust soundwaves as they travel through the muffler which give it a very distinctive sound. They produce a VERY deep tone & less rasp & resonance than most other performance mufflers, plus they are very high sCFM flow.

Quick Reply: LM2 even more restrictive than what I had before?