Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock throttle body ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 04:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default stock throttle body ?

Are the 01-02 throttle body's different from the 98-00 throttle bodys?? Ive never heard this or anything, and well i just bought a Ported TB from a member on here and when i was going to install it. I realized that i wont be able to because of....well idk what you would call it. Heres a pic of my stock throttle body on the car and the ported 1 i got.

Stock throttle body on the car (notice the size of that little round ball that the pic focuses on)

Ported TB (see how the ball is bigger in this pic?)

With the size difference, im not able to connect that cable (the one you see hanging in pic 1 on the left bottom corner) from the intake.

Would i be able to grind the ball down just a bit, enough for the cable connection to slip on over and hold on to it?? I also have another stock 02 throttle body off my Z28 laying around and its the same as my 02 ss throttle body. Im thinking the one i got is off a 00' car. Ill search for the thread, to see if it infact is off an 00' model or earlier f-body.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Regular

Just swap out the 2 shafts. Unbolt and remove the blade, take off the TPS(I think that's everything its been awhile since I've done this) and knock the shaft out.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

Ahh ok, didnt really think about that. Ive got the stock throttle body from my 02 z28 still, so ill just swap it with that one. Thanks for letting me know that.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:58 PM
TECH Regular

No problem.