Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pi$$3d off neighbors need exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 10:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

put hooker on it. You will love it! imo magnaflow gets rapy with lt's, no cats, and a cam. Sounds sweet on a stock motor tho.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
Careful before you hand out such advice. This comes from laws in your state...
Thanks SSpdDmon. More than happy to hear advice or constructive criticism.

I once received a letter from the managers of the apartment complex where I was renting at the time. It stated that they had had a complaint from a fellow tenant that a guest of mine had started his vehicle to let it warm up before leaving. This was one time and would have been at like 7am on a cold winter morning. They proceeded to threaten me with what they called "further action" if I didn't rectify the situation. I sent them a letter back stating, when the outside tempertures are below freezing I or any of my guests will be allowing my/their vehicle to warm up for an extended period of time. I continued saying that some of my friends don't drive the nicest of vehicles and their cars may require a longer warm up time in order to have them operate safely in this type of weather. I told them I didn't appreciate their lack of understanding as well as their threats against my tenancy. Needless to say, I didn't receive anymore letters and I continued to live there for another year and a half. My point is, when people are telling you to bend to their will because of an inconvenience, you need to ask yourself what is more important to you. What they want or what you want. I have respect for the law, but the only time it ever comes into play is when someone isn't getting their way. Regardless of the law, you always have a choice.

Like I said, thank you for the info and your input.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Regular

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Its your car and you can do whatever you want with it. They need to get over it. However if you do want to quiet it down some, magnaflow catback/muffler should do the trick.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mumbles
Thanks SSpdDmon. More than happy to hear advice or constructive criticism.

I once received a letter from the managers of the apartment complex where I was renting at the time. It stated that they had had a complaint from a fellow tenant that a guest of mine had started his vehicle to let it warm up before leaving. This was one time and would have been at like 7am on a cold winter morning. They proceeded to threaten me with what they called "further action" if I didn't rectify the situation. I sent them a letter back stating, when the outside tempertures are below freezing I or any of my guests will be allowing my/their vehicle to warm up for an extended period of time. I continued saying that some of my friends don't drive the nicest of vehicles and their cars may require a longer warm up time in order to have them operate safely in this type of weather. I told them I didn't appreciate their lack of understanding as well as their threats against my tenancy. Needless to say, I didn't receive anymore letters and I continued to live there for another year and a half. My point is, when people are telling you to bend to their will because of an inconvenience, you need to ask yourself what is more important to you. What they want or what you want. I have respect for the law, but the only time it ever comes into play is when someone isn't getting their way. Regardless of the law, you always have a choice.

Like I said, thank you for the info and your input.
I agree. An effort to mediate the situation should be made. But, it's also important to understand the laws that govern your residence. It'd suck to have to go to court over something silly like a noise nuisance complaint.

No matter what in life (personal, work-related, etc.), it's always good to consider the "other side of the box". A box has 6 sides and no matter how you stand, you can only see 3 sides at most at one time. Imagine if you're a parent with two younger children and your neighbor keeps waking you and your family up with noisy car/bike/whatever. Wouldn't you get irritated or pissed off?

It's one thing to appreciate a good sounding exhaust. But, not everyone esle is a car enthusiast like us...

Originally Posted by GMRL
Its your car and you can do whatever you want with it. They need to get over it.

Grow up.

Last edited by SSpdDmon; 09-23-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
No matter what in life (personal, work-related, etc.), it's always good to consider the "other side of the box". A box has 6 sides and no matter how you stand, you can only see 3 sides at most at one time. Imagine if you're a parent with two younger children and your neighbor keeps waking you and your family up with noisy car/bike/whatever. Wouldn't you get irritated or pissed off?

It's one thing to appreciate a good sounding exhaust. But, not everyone esle is a car enthusiast like us...
I like the way you think. The parent/children example is a very valid situation to consider. Good call. I hope the O.P. is still checking in on this thread. Ultimately the decision is his to make, but there are definitely other points of view to account for, as well as, what consequences might arise from that decision.

Please don't consider this post as a reversal of my opinioin of the situation, just me flipping the box to another side. LOL
Old 09-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mumbles
I like the way you think. The parent/children example is a very valid situation to consider. Good call. I hope the O.P. is still checking in on this thread. Ultimately the decision is his to make, but there are definitely other points of view to account for, as well as, what consequences might arise from that decision.

Please don't consider this post as a reversal of my opinioin of the situation, just me flipping the box to another side. LOL

thanks for all the help. I like hearing what everyone has to say.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i liked my magnaflow muffler when i had it on. like someone else had mentioned, its not too loud when you're easy on the throttle, but screams at wot.

you could also look into replacing the loudmouth bullets with flowmaster single chamber (or 40 series) mufflers. i couldn't find a soundclip.