Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No idea what this problem is

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 01:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

It was an actual dyno tune, but I had Shaner tweak it on the spot. So road-tested after revisions, yes. Dyno'd, sorta. So overall, I'm gonna say yes since he only made minor changes (transmission issues, changed a few things on the fuel tables)
Old 09-30-2009, 01:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It might be in your tune to be honest but who knows... I would bring it to them and shoot your problems and let them throw it on HP Tuners or whatever they use to see whats actually going on....
Old 09-30-2009, 01:44 AM
TECH Regular

Well I have had the tune for ages. Drove from Houston to Dallas and back on it. It runs like an absolute and total champ!! I don't mean to sound rude, haha, honestly! But I really don't think it is the tune, just because I have had it for so long, but I'm happy you're at least giving input! Haha. I will talk to my tuner soon.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its all good lol, I would still have someone run a Diagnostics check on it just to see more in depth of what is actually going on..... Keep me posted man cause im real curious to what the problem is.... I love good tech threads haha.... GL bro.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:23 PM
TECH Regular

Alright, it checked out PERFECT with a NOID light. So the injector circuit should be fine. Even though to the the injectors ohmd perfect, can they still be bad??
Old 09-30-2009, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know you said you checked the ground on the back of the head but did you check both? I had a very similiar problem and it was the ground on the inside of the. took me weeks to figure it out.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:17 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah, I checked both grounds on the driver-side head. Both super tight.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Staging Lane

There is a slight possibility of it being a injector but like i stated before unless your on a speed density tune just unplug the map while the problem is going on and see if it clears up if your popping a circuit code then most likely your problem is on that circuit. As far as the grounds go not very common but just because they are tight doesn't mean there is a good connection unbolt them and scuff the wires and the head up a little with a wire brush or some sand paper to make sure your getting a good ground.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:58 AM
TECH Regular

Well I have ran with the MAP unplugged before (on accident) and I unplugged the MAP today and it would NOT fire at all. What's that mean?
Old 10-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Staging Lane

You might have some wires in the harness rubbing close to the map. If they are rubbing in the harness then they might be shorting together sometimes and then not when you unplugged it you could have made them contact more solidly causing them to completely take away your vref. Did it run when you plugged it back in?
Old 10-01-2009, 07:41 PM
TECH Regular

Oh yeah fired up flawlessly.

I ordered new injectors from FIC. Jon is an awesome guy.

He explained how my fuel injectors work and how it may be bleeding pressure.

I'm not sure how it is throwing the 0200 and 5v ref code though...

Hopefully it just solves everything.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

good luck, hope that fixes your problem. these cars are alot of fun until stuff like this starts happening
Old 10-02-2009, 01:07 AM
TECH Regular

Haha hopefully people will learn from my troubles!!
Old 10-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kdick91
I posted this before in the fuel section, but now I'm starting to think I have an electrical issue and have beating my head against a wall for days. Here is what's happening. When I leave my car more than 30 minutes, it has a hard time starting (even after priming fuel system 5 or 6 times), idles bad, then runs like a champ. I can cut it off immediately then fire it right back up though. It did throw two codes, P0200 (Injector circuit malfunction) and P1635 (5v reference circuit). I am thinking it is a bad ground SOMEWHERE (I checked the back of the head and that one was good) and I am at a total loss. So any input at all would be amazing! Again, sorry for the double post, but I don't think it was in the right section to begin with and I feel it could get more attention here. Thanks so so so much in advance!
dude i have the exact same problem! and i cant figure out wat it is etiher!
Old 10-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Staging Lane

Well good luck and hope it fixes the problem but I'm bout 90% sure its still going to exist you could have properly checked the injectors by simple hooking up your fuel pressure gauge and cycled the key on and off a few times to get pressure up to it and left the gauge on it for a while and watched for the pressure to drop. Unless you get lucky and one of your injectors was taking away your 5V ref chances are your problem is still there. And unhooking your map shouldn't have affected it if it was an injector issue.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:55 PM
On The Tree

I ran into somewhat of a similiar situation with my 01 camaro ls1 that i played with for a month or so except some days after driving go to get gas or something it would not re-start wait 5 or 10 minutes it would start rough idle then smooth out. I cleaned the I.A.C valve on the tb this seemed to work for a little while then came back. I replaced the starter and ignition relay in the fuse box under the hood I think 8 bucks each at the local part store. problem has never come back and runs great.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:13 PM
TECH Regular

Well, I went through and took EVERY possible connector off and sprayed it with electrical parts cleaner and rehooked it. When I went to do so to the PCM connector I noticed the little gasket that goes around it was a bit pinched in the corner. Fixed the pinch and it fired PERFECT. Idle was dead on where it should be!! Was at 1100RPM now it is just a dick hair above 500RPM like it used to....

New injectors are still on the way in case the problem returns. Plus I did get an awesome deal from FIC.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Regular

Tried to start it this morning and the EXACT same problem is back. This is so stupid. I'm about fed up with this. NO ONE can identify the problem. I'm about to replace the relays and see what that does. Also doing an idle relearn. This should NOT be this difficult.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Launching!

stop throwing money at this thing... take you time, settle down... Did you clean the bars on your MAF sensor? if not try that.. there is a 5% chance that will help. BUT, I think i know what is wrong!! Disconnect the wire harness to your pcm, with the 7mm bolt or whatever it is.... Then look at everyone of the little pins the connector mates, you may have a bent pin! Id almost be willing to bet on it... IF NOT, check your damn spark plugs!! that should keep you busy for a while... then report back.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:31 PM
TECH Regular

I appreciate the 'omniscient' attitude, but it's weird. I have actually checked the PCM several times and the plugs. Both were fine. I'm thinking it is the MAP sensor. That is the only thing (Other than the EGR, which I have deleted and tuned out) left on the 5v ref circuit 1.

Quick Reply: No idea what this problem is