Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats a decent electric cutout brand ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also, here's one on ebay, it has the piping built-in, not just the electric valve, its stainless steel, and it cheap, made in usa!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Old 09-27-2009, 11:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Running a QTP with no issues
Old 09-28-2009, 07:16 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
I orderd the DMH.
I will only be running one after my x-pipe. (which should let both headers breath equally)

Also I already have dual 2.5 pipes from the 1 7/8 kooks all the way back.

One cutout should let out all that I need.
Now I just gotta think were I want to put the switch .

I basicly realy want this for the sound.

But what do you guys think for Hp, can I gain 4-5 whp since im cammed ?
in the ashtray, if you want I will take a picture of my setup, I have the switch for the DHM duals AND a lighted switch for my line lock. I took the top of the tray off but used the rest as a box for the switches and then epoxyed a piece of carbon fibre over the base of the tray and it is trick as hell and hidden under the tray lid so it is stealth as well.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:27 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 04snake
in the ashtray, if you want I will take a picture of my setup, I have the switch for the DHM duals AND a lighted switch for my line lock. I took the top of the tray off but used the rest as a box for the switches and then epoxyed a piece of carbon fibre over the base of the tray and it is trick as hell and hidden under the tray lid so it is stealth as well.
pictures please. I'd love to see it.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by brians91formula
pictures please. I'd love to see it.
OK after offering that I thought, the car is still on the trailer to haul it over to get the 9" installed Weds or Thurs, it is raining and is under a cover because I had to leave the wounded warrior outside.

No Biggie, I got the door open, well here you go right from blowing the 10 bolt at the track! Notice the winch cable is still attached

can you spot the LM-1 sitting on the floor for data-logging?

Switch on the left controls the line lock as shown the line lock is off, rocker back, the switch on the right controls both cutouts and was supplied with the dual control DMH setup.

now the line lock is on, rocker forward, light on. That lighted switch I supplied, it is not what came with the line lock kit I got from Thunder but one of a few I had that matched the size of the quality one supplied by DMH. I have purchased dozens of switches, all shapes and sizes and most I wouldn't use. I did that and wasted 10 or 20 dollars to find exactly what I wanted for a custom 4 way switch plate I have on the Cobra for I/C recirculation pump, nitrous arming, bottle heater and to activate my cruise control switch so it becomes a line lock I can launch off the line with my left thumb. I have seen just about every type rocker switch available, Dave uses a very HD dual rocker rest at center type with a smooth feel and is all you need.

What do you think? Bye the way the DHM's cycle from full closed to full open and back again happens in less than 2 secs, I timed it. They are a work of art, call Dave, you won't be disappointed. The reason I wanted DMH is from what everyone here was saying when I was shopping for a cutout setup in May, after dealing with him in a pinch and then after installing the duals, I'm not sure why you would want anything else but everybody has their favorites I guess.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a SLP Dual Dual..what size cutout are you guys using in the I-pipe, 3 inch? The only issue I have with the DHM is that the cutout itself isn't stainless steel. I can't see cutting a chunk out of my I-pipe to install a piece of plain steel that over time will just rust.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DMH hands down w/o a doubt, Quality product w/ great customer service. Lifetime warrenty as well.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Staging Lane

I don't have an I pipe but I have a 3" custom Y since the cut outs eliminated the need for dual exhaust. You want the DMH OVAL low profile cuts outs, not the standard round ones. the low profile are stainless and made to attach directly with a short piece of stainless supplied. Just talk to Dave at DMH he will take care of you. I didn't want steel messing up my hand built SS Y either.

look at this thread I have more pics:
dmh-low-profile-cutouts-custom-3-y-99-ss

Originally Posted by 99monguse
I have a SLP Dual Dual..what size cutout are you guys using in the I-pipe, 3 inch? The only issue I have with the DHM is that the cutout itself isn't stainless steel. I can't see cutting a chunk out of my I-pipe to install a piece of plain steel that over time will just rust.

Quick Reply: Whats a decent electric cutout brand ?