Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

converting 98' z28 5.7 LS1 to 6.0L LS2 V-8?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default converting 98' z28 5.7 LS1 to 6.0L LS2 V-8?

how hard is it to convertion,whats the details? or does anyone know a good wedsite that explains it? i have a 1998 z28 camaro i blown motor and want a 405+ anyways to rebuild it! if anyone out there thats done this or know how to do it,(there always those little trix that can make a build easier it would highly appreciate it thank you, jason in ky
Old 10-02-2009, 12:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Besides a typical LS motor swap; there really aren't any tricks. However, there are some LS2 specific parts you need to complete the swap. I believe SDPC sells a conversion kits that includes all of the necessary parts specific to the LS2 swap.

Here's a quick rundown:
- LS2 valley cover
- LS2 lifter trays
- LS2 front timing cover
- LS2 timing chain and camshaft gear sprocket
- If you use the knock sensors, they must be relocated to either side of the LS2 block.
- The cam sensor wiring between the LS2 and LS1 are different so two wires need to be swapped or you can buy the available aftermarket plug n play harnesses that do it for you.
- Make sure the crankshaft reluctor wheel is LS1 specific (24x), otherwise the LS1 PCM will not read the signal.
- You have a 98 so you will have switch to center bolt valve covers, because all of the aftermarket heads are center bolt.

Quick Reply: converting 98' z28 5.7 LS1 to 6.0L LS2 V-8?