Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help with Fast Intake Decision**

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gh0st
What would be the point of porting the mouth to 96mm but using a throttle body that doesn't even have a mouth that size? Think about it man

Vengeace pairs those manifolds up with bigger mouth throttle bodies
There would be no point but you said porting of the mouth is only done when there is a bigger throttle body. I was saying no you can buy intakes with the mouth opened and a smaller TB. You dont have to have a 96TB to have a 96 intake, sponsors open the mouth regardless. TSP sells there ported fast intake with a 95 or 92 TB. So yes having a smaller mouth with bigger TB would make no sense but it still can be done.

Originally Posted by Gh0st
Porting of the mouth is only done when a bigger than 92mm TB is put on the manifold.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SO, has anyone actually compared ported FAST's against each other? I'm all for max-effort high performance stuff, in fact it's what i'm after, but if i only have to sacrifice 2hp on a 750+hp motor to save $300, then that's what i'm going to do. I had my mind set on a Vengeance 96/96 combo, but got to thinking, Tony's work IS proven and almost mythological among internet hotrodders, but is it worth all that extra coin over a Vengeance manifold? Or one ported by Formato? Or TSP? Or anyone else?

I don't mean to call anyone out, start some kind of internet bashfest, or anything of a hostile nature. I don't want to hurt anyone's business either. Suffice it to say i'm looking for the best bang for the buck, like most people, and also don't want to sacrifice quality or very much power.

I would GLADLY use my TFS 245-headed LSX 454 as a test mule when tuning time comes if anyone wanted to supply which ever manifold(s) i don't put on my motor

Quick Reply: Need Help with Fast Intake Decision**