Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extreme cornering/track car oil pan baffle! Worth a look!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Extreme cornering/track car oil pan baffle! Worth a look!

I am currently in the process of installing an LSx in my daily driver ’97 BMW M3 which will also see some limited Autocross duty. Ordered the Improved Racings "revised" trap door baffle for the F-body oil pan, upon receiving it, felt it was worthy of quick review.

Here is where to order yours;
http://www.improvedracing.com/produc...products_id=30

I was not paid, sponsored, or offered any discount to write this!

Instruction sheet is professional, thorough and well detailed.
Manufacturing/production quality is first rate!
Fit and finish in the F-body oil pan is amazing! The baffle is tight to the pan floor and tight to the forward wall of the pan! It is apparent the designer spent a good deal of time to make this happen.
In looking over this baffle from a design standpoint, it is also quite clear this was not just drawn up *****-nilly and sent to production, it was methodically engineered, every part, panel, nook and cranny has a job regarding oil control to and around the pick up tube!

For those wanting to build their own similar design, my advice is don’t waste your time. For the money, you will be hard pressed to even come close to this baffle.

My only addition to this is don’t forget to port the oil passages above the oil filter! Careful not to go too far in porting and bust through to an adjacent cavity. Just need to open the restriction at the intersections.

Michael, thank you.

Last edited by BRAAPZ; 10-04-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got one of these for my LS1 swap into my RX7. It is a great piece, fit and finish is very nice. A new revised version has just come out. Many have used the original ones with good success.

Quick Reply: Extreme cornering/track car oil pan baffle! Worth a look!