Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 t56swap into 93-97 camaro get in here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 t56swap into 93-97 camaro get in here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok so i have a 95 v6 camaro and i bought a 99 full donor car z28.. my plans are to have a full swap ls1 t56 and the ls1 rear end. i also wanna change the dash over to the 99 one. any body ever done this? anybody have any info on this swap.

im cutting up and disassembleing the 99 Z. right know and it seems like the wiring harness is all ******* connected. i thought the engine harness was by it self and can take that away from the body harness. but it goes into the groumet hole behind the cpu.. and its tied all together into the front..and then the body harness runs into the drivers side behind the power brake booster. what the ****.. i just wanna put the new dash in and motor and have everything hook up.. and i wanna have it so that it will funciton my lt1 front end headlights and horn and all that stuff. on my stock front half of the car.. any body please helpppppppp meeee.. and what about speartech or painless could they do me a custom wiring harness. sorry so long and i know im sounding like a bitch i just want to got FAST... and got a great deal on the donor car and could not pass it up.. please help guys..
Old 10-06-2009, 05:41 PM
On The Tree

to the top! hello anybody..
Old 10-06-2009, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Plug behind CPU

Yes, there's a connector in there to disconnect the eng harness from the inside dash and etc.
Pop out the plug and you can snake out enough wire to disconnect both connectors.

You could probably use the harnesses off the 99 to put into the 95 specially if you want to use the dash. You might have to delete some things like ABS and maybe Air pump crap, etc...

Last edited by davidws6; 10-06-2009 at 06:54 PM. Reason: .l
Old 10-06-2009, 06:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 95Kyle
sorry so long and i know im sounding like a bitch...
You are right about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You might get better results in the Conversions & Hybrids forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

(noticed you like a lot of exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Old 10-06-2009, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

i just need some help thats all..

Quick Reply: ls1 t56swap into 93-97 camaro get in here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!