Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

92 mm maf?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 01:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All of the new Hemi's are SD. Most aftermarket EMS's are SD. They all work fine year-round. There are some issues with setting it up to work correctly in the PCM, but that burden is on the tuner. I would assume (but who knows?) that most of the tuners on this site are able to achieve the same favorable results. If it can work consistently for me, I am sure that it can for others as well.

For our own PCMs, we can nit-pick that the AFR repeatability of the MAF at WOT is less than a tenth of a point off, and SD may be less than two tenths, but then, our own measurement equipment is in question past the tenth...
Old 10-20-2009, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Frost
All of this is a giant waste of money for a boltons car.
Yes u are right, that's why I'm getting it along with a head and cam package
Old 10-21-2009, 11:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can make your own MAF using a Corvette sensor that you can buy from GM and a piece of 4 inch pipe. A couple of guys I know have done in and it works fine. The parts cost about 150 bucks. But you only need the sensor itself from the vette, not the pipe too. You can get just the insert that bolts into the piping.

Quick Reply: 92 mm maf?