Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My exhaust setup (possibly)..comments / criticism

Old 10-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My exhaust setup (possibly)..comments / criticism

Hey guys, hows it going? I would like some input on this exhaust setup idea I have for my car.

My car is a 1997 Nissan 240SX

My motor setup is: LS1 w/ full bolt ons + cam.

Long tubes are: 1 3/4 primarys to 4-1 3" merge collectors

I was planning on getting a 3" Y pipe mated to a 3" cat back exhaust system (pictured below)

However, my main concern is going to be power restriction. I would like to make as much power as I can while still retaining an clean, non flashy look with my muffler. I dont want any unwanted attention.

Seeing as how my whole setup would be 3" from the headers back, im wondering if I should be considering a 3"-3.5" Y pipe with 3.5" piping all the way back, however I cant seem to find a muffler that I will like on my car.

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Old 10-18-2009, 03:08 PM
11 Second Club

3" piping is sufficient for a stock cubed LS1 with a cam. Any restrictions will be with the muffler itself. Look for a muffler with a straight through design. If you want a mellow sound I like Magnaflow and the Hooker Aerochamber. Both of these flow extremely well.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it isnt enough throw some cutouts on it.
My set up on a h/c/n2o car
1 3/4 longtubes
3" cutouts at the collectors
3" Y pipe
3" dynomax bullet with a turndown
Old 10-19-2009, 11:57 AM
Staging Lane

I was planning on putting cutouts on in the future, I just didnt want to rob too much power in the beginning with a full 3" exhaust setup. However the more and more I think about it, I know I will be happier in the long run with the above pictured cat back on my 240sx. Its got just the look I want for my car.

Search this Thread