Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tb porting

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 09:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bo White
Were did ya get a stock 78mm TB at?
Why make a comment like that to a person who doesn't know any better? Wow must be great for business I won't ever use you, buddy.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

It was actually a legit question, I would honestly like to see one. Besides, I dont see any odd underlying additude from reading "Were did ya get a stock 78mm TB at?"
If he posted an answer other than "Its the stock one that came on the car" I would investigate it for myself. Ive had a few swear they had one that they were sending me but come to find out it was not.
I dont have a business, never have. I am an auto worker for Mercedes Benz as my profession. I did do some porting in the past for people on this site for a hobby and the comradery that came along with it. besides, you dont need to use me- your sig has a BBK 80mm TB in it so theres no need.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bo White
If you and I went on a hunting tour together to do just that I believe we would find Bigfoot, Nessy, snowman and Elvis in a UFO before we would encounter the elusive monster of all....the 78mm
Really?

Sorry if I am a little over sensitive, I see it and it pisses me off when experts make fun of peoples ignorance, every
other persons thread about TB I have heard "Send it to Bo for porting a TB" Now maybe I jumped the gun, but I find it a little suspecious that a person with so much experience porting TB's doesn't know there isn't a 78mm.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:31 PM
TECH Addict

Damian goofed at me and I returned the laugh, comradery at work I guess. Your on these forums so long it gets kinda old and you spice thing up a little sometimes.
Everybody has to start somewere, no one is "born" into a hobby all knowing. The internet has been an awesome tool for this hobby and others that has a wide variety of skill/tastes/desires/knowledge and its awesome to see everyone sharing info on the forums.
I would really like to see a GM 78mm TB, it would be a great find and would be shared on the knowledge of such part on here.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by supersick99z

Dead link. . . any good ones?
Old 05-03-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

I guess there isnt. I want to do this myself, it will be the most hands on I have been on any stock parts. I will practice on others before i am confident.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:40 PM
TECH Addict

Here is a guide, http://www.ehow.com/how_4553230_port...ttle-body.html

It's really easy, just take a little off at a time