Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sweet Thunder too loud?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I got my TSP true dual setup, I ordered the sweet thunders. TSP accidentally sent me the spiral flow's instead. They were nice enough to let me mount both up (I had a race that weekend where I needed mufflers and they couldn't get the sweet thunders quick enough) and I hated the sound of the sweet thunders compared to the spiral flows.

Sweet Thunders = UNGODLY LOUD and raspy!

Spiral Flows = still loud (not as bad) but a great tone

Dynamax bullets = I can't even imagine.

Even though I love the sound of the Spiral Flows, I'll probably switch them out for a true chambered muffler (probably flowmaster 40's) and a set of cutouts over the winter when I run my duals all the way to the rear. My car sees too much street time to be as loud as it is, even with the quietest option of the TSP X-pipe bunch.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there's no such thing as too loud
Old 12-09-2009, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember when I was getting my Sweet Thunders installed the guy at the muffler shop asked me which side was the inlet. I wasn't sure so I had to call up Sweet Thunder to confirm which side was which. I wonder if maybe a few people have installed theres the wrong way. Because the guys at Sweet Thunder told me is that if you install the outlet as the inlet that the car would be to loud. I'm currently running SLP LM1 resonators on true duals exiting out the back. I'm probably going to slap the Sweet Thunders back on to see how it sounds.
-Joel
Old 12-09-2009, 09:06 PM
11 Second Club

If I remember correctly mine had an arrow to indicate exhaust flow
Old 12-10-2009, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Unless tsp welded mine wrong they were correct. They already had the turndown and hanger attached when I got them.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hum, my sweet thunder's are not raspy at all. I am running a flo-pro twister on my silverado with the 5.3 and it sounds great, but very quiet on there. They both have a very unique sound to them.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My classic chambered mufflers (like sweet thunders/powersticks) are awesome. I have cats and out the back so it's not too loud unless you gun it. Otherwise it sounds perfect, I don't think your neighbors will mind, it not like you're going to be burning out of your driveway/parking spot.

LT1 the video is not so good because it was windy, but I had just had the system welded.

Quick Reply: Sweet Thunder too loud?