Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got a 98 TA WS6 need help with choosing next mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post I got a 98 TA WS6 need help with choosing next mods

I have a 98 WS6 only mods a have right now is a cat back short shifter and and slp intake lid done, and don't know what to do next and i don't want to spend too much money, i know for sure i have to rebuild my rear end what should i do inexpensivelyand i want to get new exhaust,i really am thinking on getting a true dual setup that comes with heders and tips and it's under axle it's made by PHABO they sell them on ebay please check it out and tell me what you think and also i wanted to do something on the engine like maybe cams but i'm not sure how much would that coast me and do i also have to get heads or anything else when i get the cams.My budget would be around 5000$

Last edited by dzikipl; 11-03-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

please write your budget for parts and installation so people can tell you what you can buy and install with it
Old 11-04-2009, 12:03 AM
On The Tree

was your last car a civic or mustang? our cars olny have one cam. lol

but generally ull want to start with headers, LS6 or BBK intake, maf ect.

is your rear end bad? i'm not sure what u mean by needs rebuilt, if your putting $$ into it u might as well upgrade now our stock rearends are a definite weak link on a modded f-body.

you don't have to get heads with a cam but you'd have alot more options and power. with 5k to throw at it you may be short on cash

look in the newbie section and stickies. theres all kinds of info already on this site. the search works wonders.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:19 AM
TECH Junkie

what kind of cat back is on it? true duals are nice, but can be a clearance nightmare.

there are plenty of options for cam only setups. only things really needed (or highly reccomended) would be oil pump, timing chain, pushrods, springs and a dyno tune.

spend a few weeks reading threads on here...then come back.

and try a little better grammar and paragraph/sentence structure....we can't help if we're decoding your typing.