Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crankshaft Pulley Wobble?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Crankshaft Pulley Wobble?

Hey guys, I have a quick question regarding a wobbling crankshaft pulley. The car is a 2002 Corvette ZO6 (LS6) with only a Vararam.

Today, I was looking at the wear on my serpentine belt and it seems to have rubbing marks on the back of the belt. After discovering this, I fired up the car and looked at the belt system. It looks as if the crank pulley is wobbling a little (not much just enough for the eye to see).

I was curious to if this is a common problem or is it completely normal? If it is a problem, what should I do to correct it? I am unsure if the pulley is loose, warped, or whatever. Tomorrow or so I'm going to tighten it and see if its loose or I'll take it off.

Anyone have any insight on this? The engine works perfectly and does not make any weird noises or what not. Bone stock the car ran 12.60 @ 116 mph so I know the engine is healthy and strong.

Thanks in advance,
Jared Dyer
Old 11-04-2009, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I researched this topic and come to find out it is a common problem for C5 Corvettes. However, I do have some questions. Is the ZO6 plagued with this problem or is it just the regular C5 cars. Also, I will probably go with a Powerbond UD pulley so is that all I need or what? New bolt? How's the design on this... need a balancer?

Quick Reply: Crankshaft Pulley Wobble?