Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does exhaust dumps have to be slashed tips?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 06:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Does exhaust dumps have to be slashed tips?

I use to have dumps on my car but they were slash tips because its so low to the ground they put slashed tips instead of dumps facing down.Now I put the rest of the exhaust all the way to the back and they had to cut the slash part and make it flat cut.Now I want to take my back exhaust and have dumps again can I just leave the dumps flat or do they need to be slash tips?
Old 11-06-2009, 06:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I suppose if they are slashed, it could help keep the underside a little less black because more exhaust will escape towards the bottom of the pipe sooner. I don't think I've ever seen flat dumps before. I'm interested to see how this turns out...

*subscribed
Old 11-06-2009, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fabian
I suppose if they are slashed, it could help keep the underside a little less black because more exhaust will escape towards the bottom of the pipe sooner. I don't think I've ever seen flat dumps before. I'm interested to see how this turns out...

*subscribed
I'm not worried about it getting black I just want to know if it is safe? Will it not hurt my rearend since it is going to be getting all the hot exhaust air?
Old 11-06-2009, 11:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

IMO, I would go with a turn-down, and if needed just modify it a little to meet you needs.