Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Loudmouth questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 12:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP Loudmouth questions

Was curious if anyone had some SLP systems and if they could share knowledge. The thing is, I have LPP headers, ORY and a LM1 system. Its cool but its too loud for me and it has this terrible raspy sound from 2200-3000ish rpm. Its loud, then when it hits that point its deafening. I can't drive it moderately fast because it alerts every cop in the nation that I'm going kind of fast. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had this same setup and if so was there anything you did to get rid of it besides a new catback. Like, I don't know but it seems to me you can swap out the LM1 resonator for the LM2 version which should be quieter. Can you do that? Thanks.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Jet Hot LT's with a Catted Jet Hot Y-pipe with my Loudmouth. It's pretty loud, but I believe the cats help to tame it down a bit. I really like my setup. If you do a search on youtube under username Cottonwood121, you can hear my setup. I've posted the link on here quite a few times. You may be able to find it with a search.

Anyways, you may try adding some cats to see if that doesn't give you the results you're looking for.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:37 AM
11 Second Club

i have qtp with lm1 and 4000 stall. people tell me its loud but i dont mind it lol.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:45 AM
On The Tree

Well I'm just looking for a quick fix for this. I mean I know I can just buy a catback with mufflers on it, I was just wondering if I can just replace one part of the LM system and eliminate that awfulness I described. I don't mind loud, I just don't like that part.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:49 AM
TECH Regular

that my friend is called rasp. i love it, others (you) hate it. I think the LM2 muffler would help you there.
I just put cats on my cammed LM1, and the rasp is completely gone. maybe you want to do that

Last edited by 70hemicuda; 11-09-2009 at 12:59 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

cats+ a flowmaster merge would kill most of the rasp and quiet it down a bit.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Youshallgofo
Well I'm just looking for a quick fix for this. I mean I know I can just buy a catback with mufflers on it, I was just wondering if I can just replace one part of the LM system and eliminate that awfulness I described. I don't mind loud, I just don't like that part.
You may want to buy the Power flo conversion kit since you already have the LM it's I think like 300 bucks for something from SLP and maybe get a LM2 Muffler with those and that my help kill it and oh yes you will have to have cats. That's the thing most people don't do when they put LT's on but they help tone the rasp down and make the tone more noticeable.

I'd say High Flo cats+ different muffler in the I-pipe+ Power flo conversion= I believe that's the best your going to get unless you want to go with a flowmaster merge also.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

This is nothing new which is the reason the LM2 came out in the 1st place. The system sounds great on a stock car but alot of guys cant handle it after headers(especially without cats). I have the system w/ cats. I love loud so its fine but I could imagine without. I only get a little rasp at wot which I dont do very often...the Lm2 is still loud and will be on your car without cats for sure. Look into magnaflow or something.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The Powerflo will quiet it down quite a bit. Maybe try a Borla XR1 muffler?
Old 11-09-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is what I ended up doing, hope it helps.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...dynomouth.html
Old 11-10-2009, 01:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I have plenty of experience with this which is why i'm going to tell you to do the Power Flo conversion. LM2 muffler will not help! Borla xr1 will help a little but it will still be somewhat loud and have a little rasp left over. I converted to the Power Flo and couldn't be more satisfied. Its not quiet, but it maintains a nice deep tone without rasp. Search "Detoxx03" on youtube and you can check out all my videos.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:38 AM
Teching In

Might want to try the flo-pro twister. That is what's on mine with that same basic setup at the moment, till the tsp duals show up. It get's rid of most of the rasp, 70ish% of it anyway. Also give's it a nice deep tone.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:53 AM
On The Tree

I kind of like the dynomouth Idea. that video displays the revs ok but the real problem I think is in a range slightly higher than what u rev'd to. Also, I'd like to keep the overall price of this under $300
Old 11-12-2009, 01:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I had a kooks headers, kooks off road y pipe, and a LM1 resonator setup in my car and quickly got tired of the rasp so I had the resonator removed and replaced with a moroso spiral-flow muffler... worked like a champ, and didn't feel any loss in power. I made a thread about it...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...iral-flow.html

4th post down I have video of each. Hope it helps. Good luck in your decision.

Brad
Old 01-30-2010, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

Bringing this one back from the dead but...

Replaced my Loudmouth 1 with a used Corsa catback. The sound is at least 3X quieter, it still rasps but its so much quieter that its not that bothersome, the cruising drone is gone too. It was an expensive replacement, but it did the job.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

u should post up a vid.