Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weiand/Lingenfelter Intake?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 09:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Listen to Mike13. Unless you are running crazy RPMs or got a crazy set up not many people are going to get their $$ worth out of a FAST. Go with a used LS6.

I'd get a LS6 on my 2000 LS1 Camaro if I didn't live in Cali. SLPs version is too expensive new. But since I do live in Cali, I'm looking at a BBK because it has the EGR provision and puts out numbers like the LS6 intake. Just waiting on a C.A.R.B. approval number from BBK.

I'm not buying the heat soak thing myself. If you guys think you are losing hp or time with the heat soak at the track, there are always cooling blankets that you can get to cool your intake between runs.

Regards,
Old 11-24-2009, 06:35 AM
Teching In

get an ls6 that what im doing. its cheaper and proven to give you power. dont get me wrong eventully ill be getting a fast but for the time being im getting an ls6
Old 11-24-2009, 07:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I think you should go w/ what u want...yea the ls6 is a proven performer but I didnt like the fact that it looks identical to a stock intake. They generally all make around the same power and the weiand can be ported.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder
Which is better, the weiand or the bbk?
I have seen different dyno sheets comparing the BBK and Weiand, the Weiand has usually made a good bit more power compared to the BBK (both unported). I saw one BBK chart that showed the BBK not making much more than an LS1 intake but the Weiand was pretty much even with an LS6 intake. If you search enough you can find the dyno chart that compares quite a few intakes including these. I have the Weiand and love it, its polished and makes the engine bay look very nice with the coil relocation kit I did from 99blanco. I picked the intake up for $150 then had it polished.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:39 AM
Banned

Sorry to hijack, but I have found nothing to compare the carb'd/elbow intakes to anything.

I have the LSA 863 heads, they are basically the LS9 heads. I was thinking of going the FAST LSXr route, but I can't get the seller to respond, lol, so I am looking into other options: LS3, L92, L76, LS7 (not sure if it will work yet) and the Super Victor intake.

How do the carb'd intakes hold up when compared to the FAST, LS6 (I know i can't use this intake, just saying), LS3 etc.

I really like the look of the carb/elbow setup, but if there are no worth while gains then I won't do it.

Again sorry for the hijack, but I have been searching for this info for a while and this thread is the closest conversation to the subject that I have found

Edit: Sorry forgot to mention, lol, my set up right now is a LQ4, LSA heads, Cammed (MS3 or MS4 not sure yet, just something fun and sloppy). Future mods will be a Twin Turbo setup, but I am just building it to enjoy for now while I collect the TT parts

DM

Last edited by Devils Mentor; 11-30-2009 at 01:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Weiand/Lingenfelter Intake?