Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help with my 98 PCV system

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with my 98 PCV system

Hey Guys, taking on my first LS1 swap, and I am nearing the end. Im not a pro, so I have a few questions, I was hoping to get some help with. This is a 1998 LS1.

I have parted this motor togeather piece by piece and there are a few things left... just not exactly sure what goes where.

In this pic, you are seeing the drivers side valve cover on the left with the breather stem does the hose for this stem connect over to the drivers side valve cover on the right in the breather hole?
Should I buy a stock PCV replacement from the dealership? or go a different route?

In the picture below, should I just buy one of the threaded plugs and plug that off, will it cause the motor to throw codes? Or is there something else that goes there? Someone on LS1 tech showed me a website to buy the plugs but did not state what application deems plugging that hole.

Your help is greatly appreciated!
Old 11-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The tube coming out of the valve cover is connected to the other valve cover by a cross over hose. That hose Y's off though and runs to the front of the intake (google image search ls1 pcv for a good pic). Also in the second picture, that hole in the intake is for the EGR. You can plug it though.

Quick Reply: Need some help with my 98 PCV system