Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

possible maf problem?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 01:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default possible maf problem?

ok. So im throwin maf codes and o2 codes. I punched my cats, so obviously theres gonna be rear o2 codes. But my problem is, the car is running rich all the time. I'm gettin like 8 mpg on a good day. But almost every time, after a cold or semi cold startup, until its warm the car will start dumping fuel to the point where you cant breathe standing behind it and idle at like 400 or less rpm sounding like its flooding. If you try to move it while its doing this it backfires and or knocks with no power. It'll run fine then just randomly do this a few times till its completely warmed up. Is it the maf f'n up? And if this info helps at all it was a non ram air car, and it now has a ws6 hood volant cold air intake, and stock descreened maf.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:10 AM
On The Tree

oh its now throwin another code. "circuit terminal L"

tried lookin it up and cant find any info on it. HELP ME!
Old 11-29-2009, 01:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by prjctSILVERKNIGHTy2k
ok. So im throwin maf codes and o2 codes. I punched my cats, so obviously theres gonna be rear o2 codes. But my problem is, the car is running rich all the time. I'm gettin like 8 mpg on a good day. But almost every time, after a cold or semi cold startup, until its warm the car will start dumping fuel to the point where you cant breathe standing behind it and idle at like 400 or less rpm sounding like its flooding. If you try to move it while its doing this it backfires and or knocks with no power. It'll run fine then just randomly do this a few times till its completely warmed up. Is it the maf f'n up? And if this info helps at all it was a non ram air car, and it now has a ws6 hood volant cold air intake, and stock descreened maf.
there is your problem. get yourself a new MAF with a screen in it
Old 11-29-2009, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

is there any gm upgrade maf for me? i hear nothing but shitty remarks about aftermarket maf's.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by prjctSILVERKNIGHTy2k
is there any gm upgrade maf for me? i hear nothing but shitty remarks about aftermarket maf's.
they are all worthless. just find any 93-02 F body MAF with a screen in it and put it on. the MAF isnt a restriction for your mods.