Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter, AIR & EGR not threaded...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 02:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter, AIR & EGR not threaded...

The install went smooth untill it was time to bolt everything back up. When i went to install the AIR and EGR on the passanger side, the bolts would not thread (also on driver side). I looked at the air and egr holes on the header and they were not threaded so the bolts would slide in and out easily. I need to have the AIR and EGR hooked up so what should i do? There is no way i am taking off the headers to thread the holes! I was thinking of maybe getting some nuts to put on the extra threads that stick out once the bolt is pushed all the way through. Will this work? Anyone else have this problem? Everything else worked perfectly.

Thanks for the help
Old 12-14-2003, 03:02 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yes, that will work and is the only options short of removing the headers and having them tapped.
Old 12-14-2003, 08:39 AM
Teching In

the kit comes with longer bolts and nuts. Just put the bolt through the hole and put the nut on it.
Old 12-14-2003, 09:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i noticed a lot of people have these headers, how much are they and what is the general consensus as to the quality of the headers. also what finish do they come in.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

they come coated and uncoated and TSP sells them I'm waiting for mine------------------------>
Old 12-14-2003, 12:04 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea I just installed mine yesterday and the AIR/EGR tubes are pretty much the hardest part with the install. My first problem was that the EGR tube on the passanger side was WAY to rusted to come off. It took me 2 hrs to get that thing off after snapping 2 extentions. Then the new header slid right in easy ect... but then all the EGR got in the way again! None of the tubes matched up with the EGR/AIR lines so I had to bend them down. I barely even have them on the headers because I'm going to rid the whole EGR/AIR system and tuning it out.