Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who Has ported Stock 00-02' Exhaust Manifolds?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Damian
There was a back to back dyno comparison done on this a few years ago and the ported manifolds didn't make any more power. If you live in Cali, use smog-legal shorties or just don't waste your time/money.

There's a lot more involved in making power with headers than just bigger tubes.
Really? I'd like to see this. If you have any idea where I might find this comparison, I'd love to see it. Talking to Hinson Supercars, they claim their porting is worth 10-12 hp which would make them similar to shorties. Do you know if they were "home" ported manifolds, or were they done by someone with lots of experience porting these manifolds. Hmmm, I know Hinson does alot of porting for their LSX swaps. If it really does nothing, then I may have to reconsider using JBA's again. I just wish someone made a quality shorty for the f-body's...you know, with primaries that were more "equal in length" like they do for the corvette. All they shorties made for f-body's look terrible imo..nearly "log" style in appearance, with terrible, small collectors.

Side note: The BBK 1 3/4's actually look ok, but of course don't come with a CARB number and won't ever have one! With the increasing smog laws, you'd think there would be money to be made if the aftermarket would come out with a quality shorty that comes WITH a CARB number.

Quick Reply: Who Has ported Stock 00-02' Exhaust Manifolds?