Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter Headers = Poor Quality & Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 04:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had Pacesetters on my car for 3 or 4 years now. They went in very easily, without having to notch anything or lift the motor, etc. They still look great too.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With mine I had to loosen the left motor mount to get them in..
Old 01-25-2010, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You get what you pay for.

This applies to any other car parts too. Want quality? Pay for it.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

thought they were quality when I first bought them, things seemed to change.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

not sure why people would think pacesetters are a shitty quality. i am sure you can find alot of guys on this site happy with the performance for how much they paid and running fast as ****.

a shinier header is not gonna make you faster. i could care less on how shiny my header is..
Old 01-25-2010, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

my fitment was **** for me, I have done many sets of header swaps pacesetters have always fit worse. Hookers have always just slid in for me. with me having to loosen a motor mount to get the bank1 side in isnt good fitment or good quality imo.
(thats the quality issue with me)
Old 01-25-2010, 08:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Im gonna sound like a jerk here, but you are full of ****.

No way that is garage kept, no rain, 900 mile rust. No way, no how. If you bought the mild steel headers and stripped the paint off of them before you installed them, then drove it 900 miles in dry weather and kept it in a garage they still would not look close to what yours look like. And that y pipe is just aluminized steel, industry standard. That pipe doesnt rust that quick.

You are full of ****, sorry.

Now flame away.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
not sure why people would think pacesetters are a shitty quality. i am sure you can find alot of guys on this site happy with the performance for how much they paid and running fast as ****.

a shinier header is not gonna make you faster. i could care less on how shiny my header is..
Have you owned stainless?

I didn't care on my old white car... It was made to go fast and nothing else. My current car is a much nicer car and don't want **** parts on it, hence the Kooks.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

by the way, your clamps, bungs, header bolts, hell everything is rusted all to hell
Old 01-25-2010, 09:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

i noticed that too. must be lots of humidity to rust every thing like that, man look at that clamp and stuff.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by lemons12
Have you owned stainless?

I didn't care on my old white car... It was made to go fast and nothing else. My current car is a much nicer car and don't want **** parts on it, hence the Kooks.

no i have not owned stainless steel headers. i have owned a set of hookers, and pacesetters and i think that the pacesetters tucked up a bit tighter than the hookers.

for spending 500 bucks i am happy with my pacesetters. of course pacesetters aint got nothing on a set of kooks or ARH, but your talking about almost another 600 difference in price. 600 bucks is alot of money towards more go fast parts on our cars.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
no i have not owned stainless steel headers. i have owned a set of hookers, and pacesetters and i think that the pacesetters tucked up a bit tighter than the hookers.

for spending 500 bucks i am happy with my pacesetters. of course pacesetters aint got nothing on a set of kooks or ARH, but your talking about almost another 600 difference in price. 600 bucks is alot of money towards more go fast parts on our cars.
I agree 100%.. For a car that has one purpose of going fast, they are an amazing deal. But for a car that you want to be quick but still be a "nice" over all car, kooks and the like are the way IMO.

My next project.race car will have PS I'm sure. I use to say I would never spend the kind of money Kooks cost, but now on a nice car, it is all I would buy. Purpose built is another story.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:04 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshiedoom
Not to start an argument in the wrong thread but dont knock on something until you have tried them.
I don't ever knock anything car related unless I've had first hand experience with it.

I've installed 2 sets of Ebay longtubes. The first set fit great, and split right down the middle of the primaries 3 weeks later. The second set took an act of god to fit correctly. Never again will I install a set, ever.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

I got my ceramic coated Pacesetter's and Y over a year ago and they still look good. Not bad for buying the Y and LT's for $260 NEW. Coated Pacesetter's are $500 now? Weren't they $375 before?
Old 01-26-2010, 09:44 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
I got my ceramic coated Pacesetter's and Y over a year ago and they still look good. Not bad for buying the Y and LT's for $260 NEW. Coated Pacesetter's are $500 now? Weren't they $375 before?
Coated "race-style" headers are $369.99 through TSP. Coated header and ORY combos start at $479.99.

Jon
Old 01-26-2010, 10:01 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I had one of the first sets from Pacesetter back in 2003 if I remember correctly. They do have a little bit of rust by the collector and also some by the bottom side of the #7 tube. Otherwise the coating is still holding up good. Granted they are holding up good for me, I regret not going stainless.

The car is garage kept in Chicago and has 29,000 miles on it right now. Never seen snow and rarely ever sees rain.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I had no problem whatsoever installing pacesetter headers. If you didnt want rust, buy stainless. For the price, you cant beat them.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by johnLs1camaro
my fitment was **** for me, I have done many sets of header swaps pacesetters have always fit worse. Hookers have always just slid in for me. with me having to loosen a motor mount to get the bank1 side in isnt good fitment or good quality imo.
(thats the quality issue with me)

Sometimes this may have to do with the car itself and not the header. I've seen the opposite as you, pacesetters going in easier and hookers being harder. I believe however, that most of the time this was due to the cars themselves and probably did not suggest that pacesetters are easier to install than hookers. IMO, both pacesetters and hookers work well and I'd use either brand again on my car.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:17 AM
TECH Addict

dumb thread...you obviously did little to no research. coating might slow the rusting but not gonna prevent it by any means. from my experience they are a good header if you are on a tight budget and just looking for performance not looks. buddy bought non coated 4 almost 5 years ago for his car and they look like **** but still perform great and install was easier than my QTP's but i wanted mine to look good.

he gave you a fair offer i would say as well, so he tried to help you, you turned him down, and then bashed him on the board...
Old 01-26-2010, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by king nothing
mine looked kinda discolored after being on the car for alittle more than a year and i put 30k on em not to sound like a dick but maybe you people who are worried about the color of you headers shouldn't drive your car or any performance car . . . These cars are meant to drive not to sit and collect dust when they can be driven
:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Quick Reply: Pacesetter Headers = Poor Quality & Warranty