Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Odd Noise: Water Gurgling....

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 10:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question Odd Noise: Water Gurgling....

Well... First of all, I noticed this noise a couple months ago and never since. I just noticed again tonight. I was moving the car and after turning off the engine, I could hear this faint water gurgling type sound. I am hearing it from the inside of the car, it is coming from the passenger side. If i stick my head down by the passenger side kick panel, it's gets quite a bit louder, almost like the noise is coming from right behind the firewall. I can't think of anything in this area that can make this kind of noise. If I didn't know better, I'd say there was an aquarium in my engine bay....
Old 12-23-2003, 10:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

possibly the coolant? its on the passenger side i would think it would be bubbling out of the radiator into the resivoir
Old 12-23-2003, 11:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
possibly the coolant? its on the passenger side i would think it would be bubbling out of the radiator into the resivoir
I don't think it's audible outside of the car, and the car was only running for a minute or so, not hot enough to move any coolant arounf I don't think.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm, maybe a heater line in the firewall? it if only happens once in a blue moon i wouldnt worry about it i bet its just some weird thing cause the car hadnt been running long enough. if it did it after u got done driving i would check into it more
Old 12-23-2003, 11:57 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine does the same thing once and awhile as well. Usually only if I just start it up quick and turn it off. I wouldn't worry too much.