Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 FULL gasket kit & Bearings

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 05:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4 FULL gasket kit & Bearings

I can't find a LQ4 full engine gasket set, does Felpro or Sealpower make one? I found one for a LS1, are they the same? I am sure the head gaskets would be different, but what about everything else in the kit? Can someone post a list of all the gaskets that are needed, preferably with part numbers so I can look them up though GM Parts Direct. They are the cheapest on LS9 heads gaskets @ $36ea so I would think that would apply to all other gaskets.

As for the bearings, are the ACL Calico coated the best you can get? Are they worth the money? What about the Clevite77 bearings, i see they are offered with a Calico coating are they better or just as good? Cost wise are they the same?

And what about Cam bearings, I guess the Durablond are the choice for cam bearings.

I was also told that it would be a good idea to have the bearings pinned. Is that true and can someone explain the reason. Would I pin all the bearings (can, mains, rod)?

Thanks guys!!!

DM

Quick Reply: LQ4 FULL gasket kit & Bearings