Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How will an automatic ECU work for a manual?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How will an automatic ECU work for a manual?

Hey guys. First, I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section (should it go in PCM?), or missed an easy search (I did search some).
Now, to the question. I might be able to get a high mileage LS1 from a Camaro for an incredible price. But the Camaro's an automatic, and I'd want it for a manual car. I assume the ECU/harness could be made to work, but would it make more sense to just buy same year replacements? If I don't buy replacements, what would modifying the ecu/harness entail?
Thanks for any help.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:22 AM
12 Second Club

Yes the ECU will work. All you need is someone to change the settings on it using HP Tuners or EFI Live for example.
As for the harness, you can find tips on that work in the automatic transmission section under the A4-M6 thread.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Banned

Yes, HP tuners is the trick.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jedidiah1225
Hey guys. First, I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section (should it go in PCM?), or missed an easy search (I did search some).Now, to the question. I might be able to get a high mileage LS1 from a Camaro for an incredible price. But the Camaro's an automatic, and I'd want it for a manual car. I assume the ECU/harness could be made to work, but would it make more sense to just buy same year replacements? If I don't buy replacements, what would modifying the ecu/harness entail?
Thanks for any help.

If you don't have tuning software & don't want to buy & spend time learning it, just send an LS1Tech sponsor like Frost a PM. Am sure he will modify it for you @ a reasonable price. Good-luck

Quick Reply: How will an automatic ECU work for a manual?