Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reduced power mode w/tpis throttle body.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reduced power mode w/tpis throttle body.

Hey guys,
I recently tried to put my tpis thottle body on and it throws the car into reduced power mode. I currently have (cts-v) ls6. fast 92 with ls2 throttle body with the wiring adapter. When I originally put this on I did not have to get it tuned, it ran fine. Now I Put the tpis (vette 90mm) tb on using my original tps sensor and motor, using the original harness and no luck. I tired doing the TB reset with no luck. I put back the ls2 tb w/harness and it runs fine. HPE tells me I have to bring it back in for $125 for retune to run the tpis tb. The only other thing I am thinking besides a retune, is.. it looks like when they put the cam in they drilled a small hole in the LS2 tb. You guys got any ideas?? Thanks in advance for any help, I just hate to pay a $125 just to swap tb's.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would be pissed they drilled a hole in the TB blade. It means they were too lazy to take the time needed to tune it right or they are incompetent and can't get it to idle right any other way. Were this me they would be getting an earful.......

Quick Reply: reduced power mode w/tpis throttle body.