Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 Sims question

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 Sims question

I ordered Mac Longtubes with offroad pipe, what and how manny o2 extentions and simulators do i need?
thanks!
Old 12-27-2003, 10:53 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

You'll need two 02 sims. They replace the 02 sensors that were right behind the cats. The front two 02 sensors (before the cats) will remain on the car and screw into your new headers. You'll need extensions for both rear 02 simulators unless you feel like splicing in more wire into the existing harness. Be sure to keep all the wiring away from your headers and y-pipe. Heat shield tubing is very helpful for this application....

Here's pics of my install....

http://www.geocities.com/y2k_ta/smr0...erinstall.html
Old 12-27-2003, 10:54 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Email me if you have any more questions......
Old 12-27-2003, 11:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
You'll need two 02 sims. They replace the 02 sensors that were right behind the cats. The front two 02 sensors (before the cats) will remain on the car and screw into your new headers. You'll need extensions for both rear 02 simulators unless you feel like splicing in more wire into the existing harness. Be sure to keep all the wiring away from your headers and y-pipe. Heat shield tubing is very helpful for this application....

When you say 02 "extensions" What you mean? Mine are not really extensions for the post 02's. It looks like they just plug into post 02's and they have some kind of cirsuitry i guess on the end so it doesnt throw the SES light. Is that correct? Reson im asking is because TSP sent me 2 ORY pipes.. One has the holes for the 02's and one doesnt. So, by looking at the 02 sims they sent im guessing i should use the pipe with no holes for the 02's. Know what i mean?
Old 12-28-2003, 12:20 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
TSP sent me 2 ORY pipes.. One has the holes for the 02's and one doesnt.
If you are wanting to have a car using an ORY which by definition means OFF ROAD Y-PIPE then go with the Y that has no holes and use the sims. If you you want to run cats use the Y with holes and manipulate the Y-pipe to accept the cats before the rear sensors. Doing that should allow your car to run without codes and pass emissions testing. Running the ORY and simms will allow you to run your car w/o codes and it will more than likely fail emmisions testing.
Old 12-28-2003, 01:16 PM
Teching In

dude thanks alot for the info, io really appricate it.
Old 12-29-2003, 02:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

www.geocities.com/y2k_ta/smr00taheaderinstall.html
Just to clarify. You need two extensions and two O2 sims. The extensions are not for the O2 sims, they are for the front O2's.