Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cutout question

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question cutout question

I am going to be installing headers on my 00 trans am soon, and I am also planning on also welding in a set of qtec cutouts right after the headers. Is there a minimum length of pipe needed from the end of the headers to the qtec cutouts to keep from having to worry about vavles warping? I am not going to be running any cats either.

Thanks for the help
Old 12-28-2003, 03:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think u need 18 inches of pipe between the o2s and the cut out. dont open the cut outs til your o2's are warm or the car wont idle. at least mine didnt
Old 12-28-2003, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you like the way your car sounds with the dual cutouts open?
Old 12-28-2003, 04:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well actually i just did it after headers with the ypipe on so it was like a single cut out. go to my site and click on in between headers and u can hear it, kinda hard to hear but u can get the idea of it. i have run dual cutouts after the cats off the stock manifolds and it sounded mean as **** and i loved it. too much rumble in the car and i got a head ache lol but worth the pain trust me, EVERYBODY looks back in like a half mile radius even if your not gettin on it, and im not joking....