Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Oxygen Sensor Replacement

Old 03-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Front Oxygen Sensor Replacement

I am going to replace both of my failing front oxygen sensors this weekend and I want to know if this is a simple job or if it is going to take all day. I haven't had a chance to crawl underneath the car with all the snow on the ground to take a look at where they are located. Right now the car has stock manifolds and a flowmaster exhaust, I saw a lot about lengthening wire harness with other headers but not much on replacing with stock parts. If anyone has a picture of where they are located it would be much appreciated.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

easy... cant miss them, just follow along the exhaust pipe up to the exhaust manifold and you will see them. best to remove them from the clip side so when you rotate the sensor to remove it the wire will be free to rotate with it. make sure you apply some anti-seaze on the threads only of the sensor. they usually have some, but just incase they dont. sorry no pics...... if your going to install long tube headers in the future I would get them with a longer wire. bosch 13111 is part number. just ziptie them away from hot pipes.....
Old 03-02-2010, 04:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

They are easy to replace.They are in the front,on both sides of the engine where the converters come down from the exhaust manifolds.You will need a can of WD-40 and a large adjustable wrench.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Launching!

No trying to highjack the thread just dont want to start a new thread for the same topic. im about to replace mine too. i went to an autozone and they want like 50 each. what about these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NGK-29415/ will these be fine or is there a specific name brand that will be better for my car. its the 4 wire o2 right.
and does anyone know which one is the sensor wire cause i want to put an A/F gauge in too.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:24 PM
TECH Regular

If they have been installed for a long time, prepare yourself by getting some penetrating liquid. When I had to replace mine, they had seized and took several cursed-laden minutes to get the fuggers out...
Old 03-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Launching!

yea im afraid of that im pretty sure mine are still the originals from 94 lol. so is the best bet lots of penetrating oil. a torch would prolly work great i would just be worried about catching something on fire.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im assuming they will be the original sensors, and rusted in place. Its only been 12 years since they moved last.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Teching In

PB blaster + wrench + leverage.

Just don't round them off. Then you're really screwed.

Search this Thread