Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'02 ss Camaro

Old 03-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '02 ss Camaro

So monday i bought a 2002 black factory SS it has 98k miles on the odo. The owner told me plenty of things about it, but my questions are still there. The service eng light for the headers and maf sensor was one( he said he couldent connect the previous maf sensor to the intake and it idle properly so he stuck a metal spacer inbetween it basically). The idle sometimes stay just below 1500, but drops after a few seconds. So that is a problem for me, because its just annoying and im a perfectionist and id like to know how to fix that.

When the temp gets to 210degrees, on a hotter day that im running it, the abs, break and acr light come on. But if i dont hit 210degrees they dont come on (service eng light still does).
So my question is, how do i address these problems with the abs,break and acr? they only seem to come on when the temp hits 210 then stay on, until i turn the car off and it cools down. Also another motor out of an 02 ss is on it, with 241 heads? that im not sure if 241 is the newer ls1 heads or the 243's are.

Also there is a wine coming from the ac compressor whenever i turn it on, thats fairly loud. And when its off, one of the pully wines as well which annoys me, though its functional. Any suggestions?

Ls6 block,intake mani, headers,k&n filter(plan on using the stock slp one) and ory X pipe and stock cat back( are these cats restricting the motor?)

Because it dyno'd at 333hp,343ft lb torue and my old 98 Z28 made 350hp,380ftlb torque on nothing but a ram air hood,slp box and cat back exhaust.

Otherwise the motor runs fine, seems to catch up greatly, tranny shifts fine(except the clutch is tough as ****) and there is a little wine but i am fine with the rear end being somewhat noisy.

Any help from members would be greatly appreciated, and i would be happy to receive phone calls if anyone is better explaining that way, and has experience with these problems.
PLEASE and THANK YOU.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:52 PM
12 Second Club

damn bro.... you need to fix all the connections then have your car hooked up to a diagnostic and check everthing.......
Old 03-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cowboysfan
damn bro.... you need to fix all the connections then have your car hooked up to a diagnostic and check everthing.......
It has a hp and wideband tuner installed but never used, i do need to. I also need the a/f gauge. But in time, just wondering if there are any quick fix's i can accomplish without needing to tune it right or turn those lights off.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:05 PM
blacksupersport/00

That whp for a 98 is Really High ! sounds like a happy dyno. they should be more around 300 or less. 02 were around 330whp so just sounds like you need to tackle one thing at a time & get the bugs worked out.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Teching In

I definatly would like to get these few bugs worked out first, i guess thats step one. Any south florida members wanna meet up and work on this with me?

Search this Thread