Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tsunami cam

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tsunami cam

Just purchased a Tsunami Cam kit from Texas Speed for my ls1 trans am. Cars near stock, about to put on Qpt Headers, 80mm intake & 80mm TB. Getting it dyno tuned after install. Can anyone share some experiences with that cam and how it worked for them? dyno gains, track gains.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a search on here today and found a lot of topics on it. From what I read that cam is good and can be driven daily without the car bucking or surging.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

Alright thank you. I spoke to the sales rep on the phone for a few hours, everything seemed to be excatly what i was looking for. But the lift being a .653 & me not understanding cams quite as well as i probably should, it seems really high of a lift & im just hoping i made the right choice.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:12 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by garylisko
Alright thank you. I spoke to the sales rep on the phone for a few hours, everything seemed to be excatly what i was looking for. But the lift being a .653 & me not understanding cams quite as well as i probably should, it seems really high of a lift & im just hoping i made the right choice.
Just make sure you have springs to support the lift that are .660 like the p/g duals or better. Also make sure to get good hardened pushrods. I have the same cam and afr heads on a very, very conservitive daily driven tune along with sissy exhaust and made good power. It's a good cam. It pulls from 3k to 7k like a freight train in my m6.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:39 AM
On The Tree

When you say a very conservitive daily drive tune? The exhaust is prob going to be a problem, im putting qtp lt headers, the cats are knocked out w/ an slp loud mouth. do u have a video clip of ur car? The sound being a little to extreme is one of my concerns right now. My other concern is driving it 35-40 miles home from the shop installing it to get it dyno tuned.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:15 AM
TECH Regular

When you say a very conservitive daily drive tune? The exhaust is prob going to be a problem, im putting qtp lt headers, the cats are knocked out w/ an slp loud mouth. do u have a video clip of ur car? The sound being a little to extreme is one of my concerns right now. My other concern is driving it 35-40 miles home from the shop installing it to get it dyno tuned.
No your exhaust will not be a problem, it will only help. I had my tuner tuned my car so I could drive it EVERY day to work an back thus it makes a few less hp than most. It will be loud as hell with your gutted cats and long tubes but I daily drive mine without cats and duals cause IDGAF! This is a big cam but you will get used to the sound. I hope you your neighbors like you. Tell em to *** off if they don't like the sound of a REAL CAR!
Old 03-09-2010, 01:34 AM
On The Tree

Haha, my neighbors have always hated me, they're the type w/ 911 on speed dial. My other concern is the stock 342s, adding more power certainly isnt going to help w/ 80k miles, but $ only goes so far, I got all of the supporting mods recommended by texas speed, plus labor & dyno tune, and koni shocks soon. My bank is going to be broke lol, so i hope its worth it in the end. If track #s show a nice low 12 pass, it will be worth every penny. How long have you had the cam?
Old 03-09-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Regular

Haha, my neighbors have always hated me, they're the type w/ 911 on speed dial. My other concern is the stock 342s, adding more power certainly isnt going to help w/ 80k miles, but $ only goes so far, I got all of the supporting mods recommended by texas speed, plus labor & dyno tune, and koni shocks soon. My bank is going to be broke lol, so i hope its worth it in the end. If track #s show a nice low 12 pass, it will be worth every penny. How long have you had the cam?
I've had it for about 9-10 months. I hydrolocked my other engine at 160,000 miles and this one only has 61,000 on it. I bought the complete h/c engine and put on all my bolt ons. I'm looking to upgrade to long tube headers and 3 inch duals now that I have heads. Are you interested in some mac mid lenght headers and 2.5 in duals as a matched set btw? I'm letting them go cheap.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:53 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if you cant get the 12 second pass...something is wrong. or you need some 3.73's at minimum. Stock drivetrain fbodies go into the 12's all day. I would shoot for 11's.

It is going to idle like my car did with 15.5° overlap. I have a video somewhere you can hear.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/6497767-post3.html
Old 03-10-2010, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

The credit card didnt go through for the tsuami cam, i took it as a 2nd chance to make a better decision: this is what i ordered today instead: Decided to go with the Torquer2 from TSP, Beehive springs, ls6 oil pump, ls2 timing chain, summit racing-410 gears w/ rebuild kit. Anyone think thats a good choice? Gains,experiences, videos? Thanks in advanced
Old 03-10-2010, 02:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think 4.10's will be a little much if you have an automatic if its a stick I say that sounds like a sweet setup!
Old 03-10-2010, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

it is a 6 spd. anyone have experiences with the torquer 2? track times, dyno #s? I think the 410s will make a nice difference over stock 342s.

Quick Reply: tsunami cam