Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How 'loud' are these catbacks?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 12:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by thewholefnshow1
Detoxx why you hating man. lol I think you've about had every exhaust on the planet bu I love my GMMG before when I had Kook's LT's and Catted Y to the GMMG CB. Now I really love it since I cut part of the Y out and put a X-pipe in and mated to my GMMG CB.
Not hating just stating the obvious. I think Torchd is the only person to solve the GMMG rasp issue. I have had a few setups though lol

Originally Posted by 94Z28-MSTGKLR
I think its safe to say that it doesn't matter what catback you go with. As long as you have a y pipe set up there will always be rasp. Just depends on how well the catback you choose hides it. Just my .02
Wrong. The PowerFlo produces no rasp. Not saying it because I have it just want to be honest whether people think i'm biased or not
Old 03-13-2010, 01:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Not hating just stating the obvious. I think Torchd is the only person to solve the GMMG rasp issue. I have had a few setups though lol
Yea I know. I put a powerstick in my I-pipe and it got rid of most of the rasp but I still had a tad. I have a catted X-pipe, with bassani pipes mated to my GMMG CB when I get a can I'm going to get more video's of it and an Idle clip also. Someone said they could hear rasp in one of my videos but it sounds deep *** hell and good as hell. I love it.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:20 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TImmy_Jones
SO hooker is too quiet until headers?
On stock cars, the Hooker CB has a nice sound at idle, but screams at WOT. As mentioned above, adding mods will make it louder. I've used the Hooker CB from stock through various mod stages including my current setup and still like it alot.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

I had the Hooker cat back on my LT1 car. It was quiet enough at idle to not annoy the sound police, but if you kept your foot in it there would definetly be heads turning. Adding LTs and removing the cat made it louder on both ends.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:41 AM
On The Tree

I got a magnaflow catback, sounds real good and is not as raspy as the others, though I have the 2 large tips, wish they had the dual tips available when i got it!
Old 03-14-2010, 06:08 PM
Teching In

I'm sure I am the only member here with a Heartthrob exhaust. I think more people should buy it. My car sounds awesome with it. I can get a cound clip if you want. Its great with and without cats.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Never heard of it....thinking about just buying a new muffler.

Post some clips!!

Thanks for the clips of the texas speed exhaust, that sounds absolutely terrible, is something wrong with the muffler on it? Packing rattling around?
Old 03-16-2010, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think I may pull the trigger on the Hooker catback, with plans to go longtubes in the future....
Old 03-17-2010, 12:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

i have the stock z28 piping with a welded slp powerflo muffler and an Ecutout. Sounds stock when cutout is closed.

Quick Reply: How 'loud' are these catbacks?