Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flowmaster vs lm1

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trans_am_2000
Deep sounding is what im looking for
if your looking for deep, then go with hooker catback. its probably the most deepest sound and more muscular sound. it is very quiet though just like the magnaflow. i think the magnaflow has a smooth crisp sound to it.

i still kinda like LM1. even though, it might not sound clean but it is very loud and it has its own sound.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

contrary to popular belief you can't just change a muffler and get a real deep sound. it will only work to a certain extent. bigger diameter pipe is the only way to truely get more bass out of your exhaust. the kind of 'tuba vs trumpet' metaphor. smaller diameter pipe=higher pitch. my true duals would shake my entire house at idle...now that i reduced from dual 3" pipes to single 3" pipe with 2.5" tail pipes...i can't even hear my car when inside my house. hence why i just bought a 4" merge and 4" cat back. i miss that deep sound.

btw my duals had dyno bullets.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want a muffler, get a hooker or a magnaflow. Want a complete catback, GMMG. Make life simple man, if you can only afford a muffler, there are two simple choices for great sound, if you want a catback, there's only one, imo. Want duals, might as well do headers while your there and your money spent adds up fast that way.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Stay away from both. If you want SLP do the powerflo cause the lm's sound like ***

Quick Reply: flowmaster vs lm1