Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gmmg Vs True Duals?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 09:47 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gmmg Vs True Duals?

I keep reading about the Gmmg and True duals. What is the difference in them? Are there advantages of one over the other? Which one is louder, and which one will cost more.
Old 01-03-2004, 09:48 AM
Launching!

Some advantages i wanted to know about were like performance wise, etc
Old 01-03-2004, 09:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've done both....GMMG is as sweet as it gets for a catback IMHO. TD's are currently on the car. I personally prefer the sound of the TD over a catback. Deeper, louder, no rasp/drone. You should pick up a little tq. under the curve, but don't expect too much over a GMMG as the shop(GMMG)has done back to back dyno testing of their system vs. TD's. GMMG flows.....period.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:16 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i'd go with the duals, for the price of GMMG you could probably get your duals all the way back. dumps should run you under 500 depending on your setup.
Old 01-03-2004, 12:59 PM
Launching!

Anyone think that GMMG sounds better then TD's? How would you best explain the sound of GMMG compared to TD's? I wish i could hear them in person. LOL
Old 01-03-2004, 01:17 PM
Restricted User

Cant really compare the two, with TD you have so many different options as to which sounds, depth etc....change of a muffler and its done. With the GMMG, you have the superior ground clearance and fitment. It would take some really experienced shop to fab up a TD that has as much ground clearance, and fitment which usually means a few extra $$$ as well. I like my TD but will most likely switch back to a GMMG or Corsa set up as the gains, if any arent worth the consequences at this point. Unless you are hitting over 600rwhp, I say GMMG.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:21 PM
Launching!

Well my car will never get to 600rwhp, i may someday get to 400 , but that is even pushing it. I've read alot that these GMMG setups sound the best. Which is louder TD's or GMMG. I don't want my exhaust to be annoying. I want it to sound good , but not be loud constantly when just cruising around.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:23 PM
Restricted User

Follow my link, enter the photo album then use the drop box select "sandbaggin" dl the video clip, and that is my current exhaust setup, it is quite quiet as you will tell. If your not a member of imagestation it is totally free so dont worry. enjoy.
consists of
JetHot LT headers, non emissions
2 1/2" x pipe,
a pair of "Blue Streak" bullet mufflers (look like glass packs, but havent blown any packing out yet!
under axle, and out to 3" tips (look really small on a F body)

I really dont have ground clearance problems, but mostly just want a cleaner install, different tips, and clearnace for a Non-Trans mounted Torque Arm brace to bolt in, it will not with the bends the shop made on the pipe!
Old 01-03-2004, 01:30 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dont forget sound is subjective. do your best to here the setups in person, personally i dont see the hype of GMMG but alot of people like it and thats there perogative.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:39 PM
Launching!

Wouldn't ya get into trouble if you got pulled over and the cops found out you had True Duals? Another question, how much would the GMMG system cost all together and to get installed compared to a TD setup ? Where is a good place on the net that sells exhaust?
Old 01-03-2004, 08:36 PM
10 Second Club

true duals are deeper and tougher/meaner sounding. especially if you're running dumps. it quiets down if you run it out the back.

The GMMG is the best catback sounding exhaust out there period.

Do a search on Lane's exhaust. Use that search button its your friend.