Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lingenfelter intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 11:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by f-body_racer99
I would love more info about the BBK intake
ok... what would you like to know?

only reason I didn't volunteer any info is because you asked about the Lingenfelter and I didn't want to HiJack your thread so...
Old 03-30-2010, 10:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
ok... what would you like to know?

only reason I didn't volunteer any info is because you asked about the Lingenfelter and I didn't want to HiJack your thread so...
The installation is it the same as the lingenfelter intake. what would I need to do the install I'm now debating between the both.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

is that just for the wieand intake.
Now don't quote me on this but the from my research I think the BBK would be better, on the install I don't think you have to change out the cooling pipes and you can use the rubber gasket seals from the old ls1 intake. There is some controversy on switching cooling pipes and having the back cylinder's reach higher temperatures, I would go with the BBK.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here ya go, check out this thread.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...vs-fast92.html
Old 03-30-2010, 07:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SWEET98SS
yeah I saw this before thats why I was thinking BBK but i thought that the lingenfelter intake would be the same guess not. Now I got to find a cheap BBK intake. if anybody has one pm me. thanks
Old 03-30-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I couldn't find any USED for sale, but the best price NEW is here:
http://www.neweraperformanceparts.co...PKV=bbkls1in|0
Old 03-30-2010, 11:37 PM
TECH Junkie

The installation is it the same as the lingenfelter intake. what would I need to do the install I'm now debating between the both.
Originally Posted by Zaxz28
Now don't quote me on this but the from my research I think the BBK would be better, on the install I don't think you have to change out the cooling pipes and you can use the rubber gasket seals from the old ls1 intake. There is some controversy on switching cooling pipes and having the back cylinder's reach higher temperatures, I would go with the BBK.
I've never installed a Lingenfelter, so I can't really compare the two for installation. But Zax is correct, it's basically a straight swap... I kept my LS1 coolant tubes and just set the intake on top of them. I swapped my 120k mile gaskets from my LS1 into the BBK and have ran them for 8000 miles with no issues. The ONLY two things that you need to do with the BBK intake is make sure you put blue locktite on the bolts that hold the "port plate" on the bottom of the intake.... and also make sure to use a button head screw for the rear (I think passenger side) valley cover bolt so that the intake sits correctly. Other than that, it's cake...
Old 03-31-2010, 06:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

You'll make a few more ponies then the LS6...plus u can port it...only problem anybody has w/ any of the alum. intake is the supposed "heatsoak" which nobody has every proved to hurt performance.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you get the BBK, be sure to loctite the screws holding the bottom cover plate on, or else they will come loose.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:39 PM
Teching In

Just fyi, you'll learn what heat soak is when you drag race and make it to the final 8 cars and don't have enough time to cool the engine down compared to the guys who have the electric fans and water pumps. My 69 Camaro street car doesn't have these nice features and can't cool it down quick enough. You will still get heat soak even with an aluminum intake. You can't run your number. If you're not in this situation, you're not likely to ever know what heat soak is.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
I couldn't find any USED for sale, but the best price NEW is here:
http://www.neweraperformanceparts.co...PKV=bbkls1in|0
I saw this too. And thought it was a good deal.
Originally Posted by Soul TKR
I've never installed a Lingenfelter, so I can't really compare the two for installation. But Zax is correct, it's basically a straight swap... I kept my LS1 coolant tubes and just set the intake on top of them. I swapped my 120k mile gaskets from my LS1 into the BBK and have ran them for 8000 miles with no issues. The ONLY two things that you need to do with the BBK intake is make sure you put blue locktite on the bolts that hold the "port plate" on the bottom of the intake.... and also make sure to use a button head screw for the rear (I think passenger side) valley cover bolt so that the intake sits correctly. Other than that, it's cake...
where can i get those button head screw for the valley cover.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:58 PM
TECH Junkie

I saw this too. And thought it was a good deal.

where can i get those button head screw for the valley cover.
I'm pretty sure they come with the intake... if not, ACE Hardware has them... you just need one for the passenger rear. I'm almost positive you'll get one with the intake though...
Old 04-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Staging Lane

Not to change the subject but do you guys like the Professional Products Typhoon 85MM Intake it that any good?
Old 04-02-2010, 01:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

hot and cold on those intakes, I have heard people love them or people have issues with leaking and casting issues.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Zaxz28
hot and cold on those intakes, I have heard people love them or people have issues with leaking and casting issues.
so is it like the lingenfelter that you would have to mess around with the valley cover
Old 04-02-2010, 10:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

is the Weiand intake you guys are talking about this one? the Air Ram?

http://www.holley.com/WeiandCatalog/...?pageNumber=25

It looks different than other weind intakes ive seen for the LS engines.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:13 PM
TECH Regular

I have a lingenfelter intake and it looks a lot like that, that must be the newer style from what I have, but pretty much looks the same except mine has a flat part on top with lingenfelter on it.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 7th Darkness
I have a lingenfelter intake and it looks a lot like that, that must be the newer style from what I have, but pretty much looks the same except mine has a flat part on top with lingenfelter on it.
Ditto...Some people have said you have to grind the valley bolts, but once again I did not have to do that typical LS1 from a 2000
Old 04-02-2010, 11:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

That'ss what I was thinking. I like the looks of this one better without the little Weiand square on top. Did you guys have to re-route your coolant lines or could you just push them down like guys do with the BBK? Also would a BBK 80mm TB bolt up to a Weiand? I already have the tb. Any info would be great!

If the performance is similar to LS6 or BBK with this new "Air Ram" i'll probably go with it just because it looks a lot better.

I'm scheduled to start a H/C/I swap next friday the 9th and the LS6 intake i bought off a member on here is cracked on the bottom rear of it, which he failed to mention to me. So now I need a intake pretty fast and I want to make sure I have everything I need to do the swap. The intake will be going on CNC'd LS6 heads.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

In the directions for mounting the Weiand / Lingenfelter intake it states you either have to install the LS6 coolant tubes or modify the LS1 tubes.

Quick Reply: lingenfelter intake