Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Dual Dual

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Dual Dual

So i picked up my 02 SS today and it has the dual dual CME. I sem to remember this exhaust being louder, but i may be mistaken. I was reading something on Ls1sounds.com about a silencer that was welded in one of the tail pipes from the factory. Does anyone know about this, if mine might have one, and where exactly it is?

Thanks.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From what I have read it would be in the left pipe coming out of the muffler. My dual/dual is way quiet. Can barely even tell my car is cam'd going through the catback. I too think I have the silencer because the sound coming out of each tail pipe is noticeably different. I just don't want to go through the trouble of hacking it up to see if the silencer is in there.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have a dual dual muffler with my setup and it basically sounds like stock, maybe a touch and i mean a touch deeper. Obviously all bets are off when the cutout is open but holy hell is the car quiet with the cutclosed. Sometimes i feel like replacing it with the hooker because im sure i might free up some hp since im using the stock z28 catback piping with a welded dual dual in place of the stock muffler and also add some sound. It is nice though when cops are around and you go by them without a peep.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My bro has Dual/Dual on his 02 35th Ann. SS and its pretty quiet, even with the Jet Hot LT's and ORY we added last year.

I'm pretty sure his doesn't have the "cone of silence" (both sides sound the same to me).

I believe I read on here somewhere that the older (98-00) Dual/Dual Catbacks were the the ones that included the "cone" and in the newer ones (01-02) it was pretty rare.

I'm with RedRocket, I don't think its worth cutting up your catback to see if the cone is in there. If you wanna be louder, just find a different catback.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Yeah, My TA had longtubes/ORY/and borla, so I might be comparing it to that. I knew a guy that had a dual dual on his hawk and it was prety loud. He also had bolt ons and a T-rex though, so maybe thats why.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Your dual dual flows well, as well as most any aftermarket cat back. I wouldn't waste cash on a different cat back. If you're gonna upgrade, go with Bassani duals or custom. If you just want louder, dual electric cutouts, that way you can still be quiet when you want/need to.