Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WEIRD PROBLEMS...never seen nothing like it.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 05:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WEIRD PROBLEMS...never seen nothing like it.

Got free-on added in my car today for the A/C. Well while I was curising around, ( had t-tops out BTW ) I would turn the A/C wide open, when I would come to a stop light, I would push the clutch in and the engine would raise another 1500 RPM + Idle RPM...I was like what the? played with it alil more and while the A/C is wide open, if I push in the clutch and hold it, the engine will rev up, hold for about 30 seconds, then go back to idle speed...

WTF is going on? lol...Timing issues?

I also noticed my battery voltage guage was way lower than normal today.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

your alternator might be going. then your car would be running solely off the battery, and with nothing to charge it your voltage would drop a lot. when you have low voltage your computer can do so incredible weird things.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:11 PM
TECH Regular

^^^^^ Maybe...anyway to check the alternator without taking it off ? Maybe the computer was telling the car more power to try and charge it up....

Drove it from my mother-in-laws house a sec ago, voltage showed semi-normal, good range atleast...I dunno, I guess I'll keep an eye on things...

Quick Reply: WEIRD PROBLEMS...never seen nothing like it.