Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How are TTS LT Headers???

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 08:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talking How are TTS LT Headers???

I'm looking at headers to get more power out of my woosy cam. For the most part I have been looking into the MAC mids simply because they cannot be seen from under the car if a cop decides to pull me over. I realize whatever I get I'm going to have to remove for the smogging, but I don't have to get my car smogged for a little more than a year. I found a good price on some used TTS headers and catted y-pipe. How are these headers, expensive yes, but what about the quality? And fitments issues? Easy install? And are they ceramic coated? Speed Inc doesn't say if they are or not. What about their y-pipe, is it any good? Thanks alot, sorry for another header thread
Old 01-05-2004, 08:44 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?searchid=76167
Old 01-05-2004, 08:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks, I couldnt find the search button...

I guess there are a lot of mixed feelings about these, cant really get a clear picture...
Old 01-06-2004, 06:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also picked up a used set, with catted y, slid in without taking anything off, the drivers side hangs a little lower than I would like ( y-pipe ) but other than that no complaints if I were to get new ones, for the price FLPs offer more options with the extra pipes for about the same money, Tbyrne has alot of 10% sale and he sells the TTS'
Old 01-06-2004, 09:53 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

I had a used set and they never hit the floorboards and are excellent quality. TByrne carries them.
Old 01-06-2004, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I think they are really great quality too. The flanges are huge, and the cats are not the restriction everyone makes them out to be. I'm very happy with mine, and they still look near flawless after a year and 12k miles of driving.

However I do question the new design. Apparently the new versions have the air tube sticking halfway down into the primary. TTS said that was for better efficiency of the AIR system, or something along those lines. Personally I wouldn't want that kind of restriction smack dab in the middle of the primary, nor do I think most people buying headers care much about the AIR system. So I'm not sure if I'd want to buy a new set, if they all have that feature.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah I saw a thread about those, looks VERY restrictive and useless. But someone said if you cut them off you might have problems burning out your check valves in the AIR tubes. I plan to hook up the AIR and EGR tubes if I get them.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

All you need is to buy the restrictor plates for the AIR tubes. They go between the flange and the AIR tube, and keep the check valves from burning up.

Quick Reply: How are TTS LT Headers???