Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Swap?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Swap?

I know billions of threads have been started on how to swap this motor, but I'm looking for your guy's opinions... Currently have a 2000 Silverado, with the baby 4.8L. The truck is all done up body wise, so I'd like to give it a heart to match. I've always had my eye on the 6.0L from that model year, since it would be an easy swap, but recently have spotted some 6.0L LQ9's for a good price on ebay. The LQ9 is the "VortecMAX" correct??

I'm just wondering if the ECM from the LQ9 will work with the other control modules on the truck, or if that presents problems. Or if there is anything else I should be concerned about when swapping with a motor from a different generation??

If you guys have a better idea I'd love to hear it, keep in mind I don't want an extreme project.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What trans are you running? What are the colors on the PCM connectors? Is the throttle body drive by wire or cable on existing and LQ9 that you have? I'm pretty sure it should be a straight forward swap though. Your going to need the harness and PCM from the LQ9, so make sure you get it. Need the additional injector wires, etc.