Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMMG Exhaust!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMMG Exhaust!?

I will have a 02 Z28 in June. It already has Lontubes, ORY, and catback but i wouldnt mind switching the magnaflows for GMMG! I have heard them a few times. Please post videos of LS1's with LT's, ORY, & GMMG catback!?
Old 04-29-2010, 12:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Did you search gmmg on youtube?
There are tons of videos.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I only looked at a couple, all of which were camaros and 1 T/A. Its the same engine might as well look at all ls1's haha.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Banned

there are plenty of vids. but having the ORY on the GMMG is gonna be super loud and raspy. better off putting some high flow cats in.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh yeah, TA or camaro will be the same exhaust sound.
I just typed in "gmmg" and it found quite a few.
I really don't think listening to them through a video is nearly the same as in person of course.
Some people dont specify their whole exhaust setup also which sucks.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by conor.davis
Oh yeah, TA or camaro will be the same exhaust sound.
I just typed in "gmmg" and it found quite a few.
I really don't think listening to them through a video is nearly the same as in person of course.
Some people dont specify their whole exhaust setup also which sucks.
Yeah man. It sucks when people just put LS1 Exhaust in the description & then when people commment and ask what setup , THEY NEVER REPLY!!!

Originally Posted by cookba
there are plenty of vids. but having the ORY on the GMMG is gonna be super loud and raspy. better off putting some high flow cats in.
I want it to sound like this trans am, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK6Hp...eature=related IDK if he has cats or not cause in his description it says "!cats".. Do you know?
Old 04-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Launching!

!cats means no cats
Old 04-29-2010, 12:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dilatedpeoples28
!cats means no cats
Thanks!! I think that Trans am sounds BAD ***!!! Will the GMMG catback fit a Texas Speed ORY?
Old 04-29-2010, 01:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah it will work
Old 04-29-2010, 01:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just found out my buddy has a GMMG exhaust and he thinks it's too quiet with his setup. So I may get a good deal on it. I have the same setup. Hooker ceramic coated longtube headers with a 3" Hooker off road Y pipe into magnaflow catback with no cats. Magnaflow just isn't loud enough for me neither
Old 04-29-2010, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1Tuner_06
Just found out my buddy has a GMMG exhaust and he thinks it's too quiet with his setup. So I may get a good deal on it. I have the same setup. Hooker ceramic coated longtube headers with a 3" Hooker off road Y pipe into magnaflow catback with no cats. Magnaflow just isn't loud enough for me neither
Lucky SOB!!! When i saw the car I bought/downpayment, the guy had LT's, ORY, and a catback without the magnaflow muffler on it, so it was extremely loud!!! Havent heard it with the magnaflow.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Idk how much he payed for it but it was used b4 him. He just slapped it up to his car and ran around with it only for maybe an hour or so and decided it was not Loud enough. I thought he was crazy considering the cam he has. Like I said, I don't know how much he got it for but hopefully he can cut me a good deal. One of the hanger plates got broken so he is waiting on that piece to come in. If not I'm sure I can cut some metal and weld it to the bracket area. I would love a GMMG. It would make my car even more like a dick harrel.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Idk how much he payed for it but it was used b4 him. He just slapped it up to his car and ran around with it only for maybe an hour or so and decided it was not Loud enough. I thought he was crazy considering the cam he has. Like I said, I don't know how much he got it for but hopefully he can cut me a good deal. One of the hanger plates got broken so he is waiting on that piece to come in. If not I'm sure I can cut some metal and weld it to the bracket area. I would love a GMMG. It would make my car even more like a dick harrel.
How does your magnaflow sound with the LT's and ORY? Raspy like the GMMG at all? I really like that sound.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love that my magnaflow is quiet. then i open my switch my cutout open and its nice and loud when i want it to be.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Magnaflow doesn't really have a loud sound with lt's and ory. It's a low quiet deep sound and a little raspy, but that's bc of no cats. What I like about borla, corsa, and GMMG is the loud and cackly sound. How it has that Gnarly "Im gonna rip into your ***" sound! GRR! Ha ha.

And twitch, the reason I love my magnaflow is bc it's quiet for my daughter. But a full exhaust like borla or GMMG is that it's quite louder but yet it's all behind you and not droning under the car.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by twitchtwice
i love that my magnaflow is quiet. then i open my switch my cutout open and its nice and loud when i want it to be.
I just noticed the mods in your sig. I am willing to bet that youragnaflow does sound pretty good. I'm willing to bet also that if I get a cam and upgrade my intake and everything that myagnaflow will sound pretty darn good too
Old 04-29-2010, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Magnaflow doesn't really have a loud sound with lt's and ory. It's a low quiet deep sound and a little raspy, but that's bc of no cats. What I like about borla, corsa, and GMMG is the loud and cackly sound. How it has that Gnarly "Im gonna rip into your ***" sound! GRR! Ha ha.

And twitch, the reason I love my magnaflow is bc it's quiet for my daughter. But a full exhaust like borla or GMMG is that it's quite louder but yet it's all behind you and not droning under the car.
CACKLY, thats the word i was looking for to describe GMMG!
Old 04-29-2010, 08:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ha ha! Ya it is, but man it sounds great. That or borla. I've been teyin to work on a deal for borla for about 400 for almost 3 months but the guy has been really busy.

I know I could get the GMMG tomorrow if I wanted
Old 04-30-2010, 01:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

GMMG is LOUD with long tubes and an ORY. Guy I know has a head/cam car with kook and gmmg...it is way to loud for my taste.

When I was 17 and first got into f-bodies all I wanted was loud...I could care less how it sounded as long as it was loud. Now I am 25 and drive a lot so I will take quiet please.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

See my exhaust set up in my sig..

My GMMG idling

Quick Reply: GMMG Exhaust!?