Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Battery for an LS1 F-Body?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Battery for an LS1 F-Body?

My battery is starting to get on its last legs and I was wondering if there is a consensus as to what the best battery is for our cars. I don't plan on running a huge stereo in the near future and my car is pretty much stock so I can't see any crazy power demands. Right now the battery in the car is one that came with it when I bought it... and it's from wal-mart (which is strange because there's no wal-marts around this part of the country)... and the terminals have issues coming lose so it's time for a new one. So any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Banned

My '00 Z28 has the Duralast Gold Battery from Autozone. Pretty cheap battery & it has been more than reliable. My car is mostly stock, but I do have a 2k watt sound system. Had it for about 2 years & so far it's been a great investment.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Batt

I run the 900cca walmart batts also. They weigh in at 35 lbs. I thought of the Ultima Red Top for 33 lbs, but for the price diff., went to wally world.

+ 3 year free replacement, can't beat that.

If your into weight reduction, the Brail batts that weigh in at 16lbs should have enough punch for a stock cube engine. I'd like to run one but I need all the CCA's I can get.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:46 PM
TECH Addict

WOW, there are actually places where there are no wal marts!!! thats surprising but to answer your question it really doesn't matter as long as it has enough CCA and CA for the car. I believe the OEM CCA was rated at around 450 so anything about that is good. Some of the guys like optima batteries but in reality a battery is a battery is a battery, just get one with a decent warranty and you will be good to go. Besides optima batteries (b/c they have a gel-like acid instead of liquid) ALL batteries are
Old 05-05-2010, 05:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I bought my car back in '05 it had an Exide Orbital battery in it. It's still there today and it apears to be pretty stong still. 4 years is about as long as most people waranty batteries. When I worked at Advance Auto I think we had either a 3 or 4 year waranty on our high end battery. I think I'd go with another orbital if mine died tomorrow. 5 years of trouble free use is pretty sweet.

Quick Reply: Best Battery for an LS1 F-Body?