Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you route wiring harness on pass. side after SLP LT install?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 07:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you route wiring harness on pass. side after SLP LT install?

I have a 98 camaro vert and installed SLP LT's last week. I bought the headers used so it didn't come with instructions... Is there a proper way to run the wiring harness on the passenger side so it is not laying up against the headers?? This is the harness that has the passenger front 02 plug, the starter solenoid wire, the oil pan level plug and some other sensor plug. Right now I have it stuffed in between the #1 and #2 primaries, through the motor mount perch on the K-member and triple wrapped in insulated thermal wrapping. Seems no matter which route you thread these wires they are laying up against the headers, any suggestions??
Old 01-10-2004, 11:41 AM
wrencher

You have to cut the harness open at & near the PCM.
Pull all the slack you can from the harness, this should be enough to put it under & in front the header now.
It will be in front of the egr tube in that area.
Just tie strap the harness up to keep it off header.
Make sure you wrap it in heat wrap, BTW the other sensor is the crank shaft postion sensor , so it's important.
Old 01-10-2004, 01:40 PM
Teching In

thanks a lot, i will try that!
Old 01-10-2004, 05:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking

I just installed SLP's and I cut and added about 8" to each wire. I think there were eight wires. They are still close to the headers but I had a install kit which had a heat wrap that I used to cover the wires.

BowlingSS
Old 01-10-2004, 09:42 PM
Teching In

I cut the harness open then got all the slack I could and routed it in front of the motor mount. Then I added the included heatwrap stuff in the kit. I think when ever I get a chance I will go back and reroute it back behind the motor mount as the wire is still too close for my liking. Its not touching but still I'd like it a bit further if I can get it.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:08 AM
Teching In

sounds good, i will try the splice and route.... maybe i woke up on the wrong side of the bed today but these g'dam headers are pissing me off lol especially now that the Y- is banging against the drivers side. But I guess the bright side is the extra power and more quality time I get to spend in the garage w/ the Z and a six pack.

Quick Reply: How do you route wiring harness on pass. side after SLP LT install?